Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Pre-Check at Hawaii Airports" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
Finally precheck is available at OGG
BREEZED thru today
Thanks Alaska Airlines!

Yahoo

It was really nice at Ogg this am

Last edited by slippahs; Oct 16, 2013 at 9:00 pm Reason: merging three consecutive posts
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Tony10s
Finally precheck is available at OGG
BREEZED thru today
Thanks Alaska Airlines!

Yahoo

It was really nice at Ogg this am
Yea! Where is the pre-check entrance?

-David
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

Looking from Street
It's on the right side, closest to Hawaiian Air check in.
ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘😀
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Went through the TSA Precheck at HNL interisland. From parking car to Premier Club, it took me 3 minutes. TSA Precheck took no more than 10 seconds from scanning of BP to picking up my bag on the other side. Amazing. Precheck in the interisland terminal is located at "Checkpoint B." Noticed that "Checkpoint A" (the one closest to the commuter terminal) was open this morning, when it normally is not.

To use Precheck in the interisland terminal, you have to show the BP to someone guarding the line (they bar anyone from going into the line), then you get to the scanner. From there, it's a bit of a mess. There were 3 TSA agents with earpieces standing right after the BP screeners. I suppose they were controlling traffic flow. The right bag scanner is designated for TSA Precheck and the left is a normal scanner. I do not know know who had access to the left scanning lane, but it did not appear that it was for anyone?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Tony10s
Looking from Street
It's on the right side, closest to Hawaiian Air check in.
ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘😀
The same line as the employee/disabled entrance, or a new separate entrance?

-David
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The same line as the employee/disabled entrance, or a new separate entrance?

-David
I'll be there today. I don't think there's really any room to add a third entry at that point, so they must have re-jiggered things a little. I also intend to ask hours.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by thehoax
The gentleman behind me didn't get a triple beep but showed his global entry card and was let through (without scanning it).
That shouldn't have happened. Unless he received the triple beeps when they scanned his BP, he should have been sent to the non PreCheck line.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
OGG PreCheck entry has replaced the area where two line entries used to exist for the last couple of months - one for most passengers, the other for employees/ handicapped and allegedly handicapped.

Now there is only a lane for PreCheck and all others are directed to the left of the concrete column and a little further down for entry.

TSA agent at entry checking BPs for PreCheck symbol (all participating airlines). A lot of infrequent flying tourists having to be re-directed, even though PreCheck is clearly marked. With a lot of frequent inter-island flying locals, this line is a little busier than IAH's (at least at this time of day). I imagine it could get busier at lunchtime w/ passengers of the afternoon bank of mainland-bound flights. Still freakin' fast. Woohoo!

Asked TSA guy about hours and he says it's pretty much open most of the time.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:06 pm

Thanks for the updates.

-David
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
That shouldn't have happened. Unless he received the triple beeps when they scanned his BP, he should have been sent to the non PreCheck line.
Agreed!

Went through HNL @ 6-7am today. TSA pre was worse than the first time. This time there was someone checking to make sure you were pre. Then they sent you to the line but the agent was doing pre and regular pax, there were more non pre vs pre getting through the line. After scanning the BP there was once again a free for all where pre vs non-pre switched x-ray belts. When you went to the single metal detector, taking off your shoes was completely on the honor system (just say you are pre and they let you through with shoes). This line setup @ HNL is pretty poor and needs to be fixed.

Conversely Kauai was set up properly. It had clear lane designation, the lane is for pre check only (one belt) this lane has its own metal detector. The TSA agents seemed well versed in the procedure and it was a breeze to go through.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
OGG PreCheck entry has replaced the area where two line entries used to exist for the last couple of months - one for most passengers, the other for employees/ handicapped and allegedly handicapped.

Now there is only a lane for PreCheck and all others are directed to the left of the concrete column and a little further down for entry.

TSA agent at entry checking BPs for PreCheck symbol (all participating airlines). A lot of infrequent flying tourists having to be re-directed, even though PreCheck is clearly marked. With a lot of frequent inter-island flying locals, this line is a little busier than IAH's (at least at this time of day). I imagine it could get busier at lunchtime w/ passengers of the afternoon bank of mainland-bound flights. Still freakin' fast. Woohoo!

Asked TSA guy about hours and he says it's pretty much open most of the time.
This is awesome. I'm flying on Sunday, so hope it works for me.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by thehoax
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Agreed!

Went through HNL @ 6-7am today. TSA pre was worse than the first time. This time there was someone checking to make sure you were pre. Then they sent you to the line but the agent was doing pre and regular pax, there were more non pre vs pre getting through the line. After scanning the BP there was once again a free for all where pre vs non-pre switched x-ray belts. When you went to the single metal detector, taking off your shoes was completely on the honor system (just say you are pre and they let you through with shoes). This line setup @ HNL is pretty poor and needs to be fixed.

Conversely Kauai was set up properly. It had clear lane designation, the lane is for pre check only (one belt) this lane has its own metal detector. The TSA agents seemed well versed in the procedure and it was a breeze to go through.
Experienced this today at HNL. It is a complete mess. Screener said that this checkpoint is a subset of precheck and it's a risk based screening line. Whatever that means. Folks had no idea what to do in this line.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Entirely separate checkpoint for Pre at HNL inter-island

Got to the inter-island terminal on the... 12th, I think it was, and there was the usual complete mob scene around the center checkpoint. HA had extra ropes set up back by the doors to the sidewalk, and there was an agent with an iPad or something that was telling her what lane to send people to. I got lucky and went to the Pre lane (the one on the right).

Got to the inter-island terminal again this morning. The lines were literally out the door. I asked an HA agent if I should just walk down to the main terminal. "Yeah... oh, wait a minute, the Pre checkpoint is going to open in 5 minutes. Go wait down there." Where "down there" was the end of the lobby toward gates 50-54. Sure enough, it was set up all nice. Don't know why it wouldn't open until 9:45am, though - maybe it opens earlier during the week for the business crowd?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:45 pm

Used it at OGG during prime time yesterday (11:30am), the line was out into the terminal for pre-check. It took around 15 - 20 minutes. Only one belt, one id checker. Process was the normal pre-check process except for all the people using that line. There was a person checking BPs (manually looking for indication that it said pre-check on the bp, so don't use the passbook app with UA, use the United app bp) at the official entry to the pre-check line.

-David
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Used it at OGG during prime time yesterday (11:30am), the line was out into the terminal for pre-check. It took around 15 - 20 minutes. Only one belt, one id checker. Process was the normal pre-check process except for all the people using that line. There was a person checking BPs (manually looking for indication that it said pre-check on the bp, so don't use the passbook app with UA, use the United app bp) at the official entry to the pre-check line.

-David
David,
Would it have been quicker to go through the regular line? Know the lines can get long at times, but I don't remember waiting 15–20 min very often. However, I don't usually travel out of OGG mid day. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.