Reload this Page >

Two weeks in Maui???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two weeks in Maui???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:04 am

Stay in one place on Maui; why would you pack up the family, drive an hour, and unpack? All of the beaches are easily accessible down in the Wailea area, Kihei is a good place to have meals (even fast food) and visit beaches. Really, you can do everything from one place that you can do from another.
p.s. IMO, the Hana area is great for adult relaxing; but for kids, the lack of dining options alone will be problematic.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:20 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by sylvia hennesy
Stay in one place on Maui; why would you pack up the family, drive an hour, and unpack? All of the beaches are easily accessible down in the Wailea area, Kihei is a good place to have meals (even fast food) and visit beaches. Really, you can do everything from one place that you can do from another.
p.s. IMO, the Hana area is great for adult relaxing; but for kids, the lack of dining options alone will be problematic.
Good advice. As one who has spent a great deal of time on Maui with growing kids, the last thing they want to do is pack and move. It's fun for them to explore the area around them.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:17 pm

Such a variety of answers! But we all have one thing in common...WE LOVE MAUI AND WE LOVE THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS! Whatever you decide upon, you will love! For me, planning another Hawaiian vacation is fun.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sylvia hennesy
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Good advice. As one who has spent a great deal of time on Maui with growing kids, the last thing they want to do is pack and move. It's fun for them to explore the area around them.
We have split 2 weeks between two hotels.. one in Ka'anapali and one week in Wailea with a child. This was when budget was tight and it was enjoyable. But, yes the preference would be to stay in one set of accomodations, although if a chance to stay in Wailea, definitely worth the one week move.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
I'd agree with most of the posts here. There would be + and - to both options. We are actually staying right now in Kaanapali and moving over to Wailea tonight. We were sort of "forced" to move as we are combinig a points and paid stay. We do lose a bit of time with the packing and transfer but it really isn't that much if you are staying two weeks. There is something to staying in both locations. We are getting the condo feel now and moving to FS hotel next.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Diamondback
I'd agree with most of the posts here. There would be + and - to both options. We are actually staying right now in Kaanapali and moving over to Wailea tonight. We were sort of "forced" to move as we are combinig a points and paid stay. We do lose a bit of time with the packing and transfer but it really isn't that much if you are staying two weeks. There is something to staying in both locations. We are getting the condo feel now and moving to FS hotel next.
We did similar to lessen the cost.. First trip to Maui we rented a condo a Valley Isle and moved to Fairmont Kea Lani.

Second trip to Maui, we stayed at the Embassy Suites in a one bedroom and moved to the Fairmont Kea Lani.

Both trips were 2 weeks, and really scored well in terms of value. We also fly to Maui on point redemptions Aeroplan.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
Two weeks in Maui is fine, but two weeks in a hotel, even the FS would drive me nuts. If I was there for two weeks I'd get a condo at Ho'olei or Wailea Beach Villas and probably split with West Maui at the Westin Villas or Honua Kai. If it was summer, not Christmas, I'd say the Villas at Kapalua.

I like Hana too, but 2 hours every ten years covers it for me.....
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JeremyS1973
Two weeks in Maui is fine, but two weeks in a hotel, even the FS would drive me nuts. If I was there for two weeks I'd get a condo at Ho'olei or Wailea Beach Villas and probably split with West Maui at the Westin Villas or Honua Kai. If it was summer, not Christmas, I'd say the Villas at Kapalua.

I like Hana too, but 2 hours every ten years covers it for me.....
Staying two weeks in FS would drive me nuts too.. thinking about what kind of bill I'll be paying at the end of two weeks.

Generally, if I get a pretty good deal, I don't mind paying the bucks. Instead of adding up the bill, I add up the savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.