Runs to L & L Hawaiian Barbeque in HNL

Subscribe
After reading through the Inn-n-Out thread, may I introduce the L & L Hawaiian Barbecue run from HNL?
I've done a few connections in Honolulu and slipped out of the airport for the LauLau and Pork or LocoMoco.
The ladies in the old World Club had a photocopied map and directions and let you leave your bags in the Club while you went over.
Tom
I completely understand! Thank goodness the chain has shown up nit far from me in Phoenix.
I'd rather run to Sam Choy's.

[edited to add] Sigh. I sure have fond memories of the HNL Worldclub. Though I'd sometimes go over to the PC when it was crowded, NW's staff were just Great.
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Mmmm... Love it ^
Also don't forget about Zippys

There is an L&L in the downtown Costco's parking lot- great place to stock up on edible souviners
Quote: I'd rather run to Sam Choy's.

[edited to add] Sigh. I sure have fond memories of the HNL Worldclub. Though I'd sometimes go over to the PC when it was crowded, NW's staff were just Great.
There were some other good sort of fast Asian food places in the same strip as I recall. Sometimes went to those as well.
Tom
The L & L run would also work if you MR to San Diego.
Quote: After reading through the Inn-n-Out thread, may I introduce the L & L Hawaiian Barbecue run from HNL?
I've done a few connections in Honolulu and slipped out of the airport for the LauLau and Pork or LocoMoco.
The ladies in the old World Club had a photocopied map and directions and let you leave your bags in the Club while you went over.
Tom
The one within walking distance of HNL is in the Airport Trade Center strip mall. Other retail, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, convenience store, etc. are there as well.

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...lu&btnG=Search
Quote: I'd rather run to Sam Choy's.

Half the staff is still there at the Sky Club, including Betty.
Thread Alert
Quote: After reading through the Inn-n-Out thread, may I introduce the L & L Hawaiian Barbecue run from HNL?
You absolutely may...

...but after reading through this thread, may I introduce the Hawaii forum? That is the forum in which discussion pertaining to Hawaii — including dining options — resides, and that is the new home for this thread.

Thank you, mot29 — and if you know of any other dining options in Honolulu, please be certain to let fellow FlyerTalk members know.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Quote: The L & L run would also work if you MR to San Diego.
I've had varying experiences with L&Ls across the nation. Definitely something off about a number of them.
for those of you going to that airport L&L...they are participating in the REwards network...

secondly..i like going to Bryon's drive in...its not as famous as L&L(don't they have a bunch of chains in the mainland)..but its has a good reputation..although slightly ghetto...
Was pleasantly surprised with L & L.. I first thought it was a cheeseburger place..
Quote: for those of you going to that airport L&L...they are participating in the REwards network...

secondly..i like going to Bryon's drive in...its not as famous as L&L(don't they have a bunch of chains in the mainland)..but its has a good reputation..although slightly ghetto...
Ooo... L&L + Rewards... Perhaps a good place to pick up some gift cards

Quote: Was pleasantly surprised with L & L.. I first thought it was a cheeseburger place..
Naw man...that's the other place that goes by letters INO

Quote: Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've had varying experiences with L&Ls across the nation. Definitely something off about a number of them.
I haven't been overly impressed with the ones in ANC. The teri beef just isn't the same- not enough ginger I think. Oh and it costs more here too

Had decent luck in PHX though
If your going to l&l then you should be ordering chicken katsu
Quote: If your going to l&l then you should be ordering chicken katsu
Beef, chicken, or shortribs.. mmm.. love it with the rice..