Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Can you Hawaii luxury less than $200 / night?

Can you Hawaii luxury less than $200 / night?

Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
My observation is that the first two weeks of December are relatively inexpensive. The last two weeks of December is one of the most expensive times to go to Hawaii with flights selling out around Christmas time.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anthemflyer
You might look at the Marriott Vacation Villas, which is 2 lagoons over from the Aulani. They have 2/3 bedroom condos that are nicely appointed and have several nice pools for the kids.
Highly recommend the Marriott Vacation Villas. They are not at Waikiki but the man-made lagoons are extremely nice.

We spent a few days at the JW Marriott and had toured the Vacation Villa when we were at JW. The Villas are nicer than the JW Marriott itself.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Highly recommend the Marriott Vacation Villas. They are not at Waikiki but the man-made lagoons are extremely nice.

We spent a few days at the JW Marriott and had toured the Vacation Villa when we were at JW. The Villas are nicer than the JW Marriott itself.
I'm the fish.. and you guys are dangling the bait.. and I want to bite..

We've got a 5 year old and 1 year old.. and man made lagoons that dissapates the intensity of waves.. plus the 2 bedroom Villas.. would be ultra sweet, if it had ocean views and a great price attached with it..

Generally, how much does this property sell for in terms of Villa Rates.. We are currently booked March 22nd, 2012 to arrive on Oahu.. and can stay however long we would like depending on the deal..
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sthubbar
A promotion for all Starwood Hawaii properties:

Enjoy complimentary nights, 35% off and double Starpoints

As a Starwood Preferred Guest, enjoy exclusive special offers when you reserve now. Book now for stays through December 31, 2011 and enjoy:

35% off accomodations
Double Starpoints
Every 5th night complimentary
35% off dining discount
35% off on car rental booked through Avis, see terms & conditions for instructions on how to book.

Book online, or call 866-716-8140 and reference rate plan SPG355N.
I think you need to double check the rate / terms - using that promo and your dates, the average daiy rate (discounts and free nights applied) that starwood quotes is $225 + taxes and fee, whereas you are assuming fifth night free on top of that rate.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by edscholl
I think you need to double check the rate / terms - using that promo and your dates, the average daiy rate (discounts and free nights applied) that starwood quotes is $225 + taxes and fee, whereas you are assuming fifth night free on top of that rate.
The rate is actually $235 + taxes and fee with the fifth night free. Already have confirmed reservations at that rate.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
The rate is actually $235 + taxes and fee with the fifth night free. Already have confirmed reservations at that rate.
What hotel, where?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wingrider
What hotel, where?
This rate is for the Sheraton Waikiki.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
This rate is for the Sheraton Waikiki.
Sigh.. Per the usual.. the hotel bookings are for before December 31st.. so can't book for Spring Break on the promo..
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriot Plat Prem, Hyatt Diamond, AA EP
i can with kama'aina

maybe you know a local/have a friend that can book for you?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ekardz
i can with kama'aina

We're all Ohana..

I think you would have to check in if you book?

Mahalo
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i can with kama'aina

Dont they check your driver license at check in if it is booked at kama'aina rate?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Dont they check your driver license at check in if it is booked at kama'aina rate?
yes. but whomever books, could meet you at the hotel i am sure and pretend it's their room.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:43 pm
Suspended

yes. but whomever books, could meet you at the hotel i am sure and pretend it's their room.
Thank you for the tip..

Perhaps it could be a nice local charitable service.. showing your friends true Aloha everything.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Thank you for the tip..

Perhaps it could be a nice local charitable service.. showing your friends true Aloha everything.
whenever my family visits I book them with my card and set it up like the room is for me. after the check in, no one is any wiser
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:55 pm
Suspended

whenever my family visits I book them with my card and set it up like the room is for me. after the check in, no one is any wiser
Very well done.^

This day in age, with Hawaii being super expensive.. and now with the taxes going exhorbitantly higher then ever.. we've got to try and save in any legitimate way possible..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.