Fairmont Kea Lani or Ritz Kapalua in July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Kea Lani or Ritz Kapalua in July

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. I have both booked for now and will make my final decision by 21 days out to avoid the cancellation fee. I think I'm leaning towards the Ritz. The only factor that's holding me back is that at the fairmont I'd be getting a whole extra living room, although we're only two people so I'm not sure how important it is. From my research though, it seems as if the Ritz is the more luxurious of the two, something that I tend to value even more than space.
Old May 28, 2011, 6:03 pm
Suspended

For me personally, I find that both parts of the island are so different, that it's worth staying part of the time in each area if you've not been to Maui before. Both resorts you'r e considering are beautiful places, and I was really impressed with the Kea Lani last fall, and also was impressed by the Ritz when I was there, but it was a decade ago.

If it were me, I'd probably shorten Kauai by one day, and shorten or skip Ko'Olina entirely, and spend 2-3 days more in Maui, allowing some time in each of the Maui destinations. I'd do 5 nights in Wailea, and 4 in Kapalua within the overall dates you mentioned.

But I suspect that you've probably already booked your flights and can't change them easily or economically. But if I were starting with a clean sheet of paper, that's what I'd do. You'll find Ko'Olina is relatively artificial and offers little compared to the destinations you are seeing in the other islands - although there's nothing wrong with the J.W. Marriott hotel itself. It's main attraction is that it is luxurious and less bustling than Waikiki - but it will pale in comparison to the other well chosen destination hotels on the other islands in terms of what the surrounding areas offer.
Old May 28, 2011, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Read up the threads on Ritz and Fairmont here on FT using the search button..

Also.. www.tripadvisor.com will give you an idea how real visitors feel at each property. If I was in this predicament.. I would definitely research until its clear in my mind what my preference is..

For us, hands down.. my wife and I are both Fairmont Platinum Members for the last 8 years because of the suites.. we have a 5 year old and 1 year old.. and definitely we love the extra space.. feels more luxurious the bigger it is.. The living room is definitely a plus for us..
Old May 29, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, RC STARS, MO FanClub, Dorchester Diamond, Luxury Priv, Peninsula PenClub
Both the RC and Kea Lani'a Virtuoso amenities are listed on the same page in the 2011 Best of the Best book.

Description of complimentary benefits:
http://www.nxtbook.com/fx/webkit/ind...ebest2011&pg=4

Added amenities to standard benefits-Maui:
http://www.nxtbook.com/fx/webkit/ind...=200&qs=Hawaii
Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:30 pm
Company Representative, Fairmont

Programs: Fairmont Presidents Club
Smile

Hello Ilovefairmont,

We look forward to welcoming you to Kea Lani if you choose to stay with us. Regardless of where you choose to spend your honeymoon, congratulations on your special day and have a wonderful trip!

Sincerely, the Fairmont Team
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ilovefairmont
I have both booked for now and will make my final decision by 21 days out.
Which did you choose?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Which did you choose?
I still have yet to decide! I have both booked for now but I think I'm leaning towards the Ritz. Thanks to everybody for all of the helpful opinions!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the advice. I have decided to stay at the Kea Lani for the following reasons:

1) I will be bumped up to the premier status of the FPC
2) Staying in an 800 sq foot+ suite will be sweet!
3) We've signed up for a scuba diving certification course close to Wailea and the boat leaves the dock at 5:45 AM, so it'll be a lot more pleasant sleeping in Wailea than Kapalua.

Thanks for the tips FTers!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
You will love the newly remodeled rooms. Also the free washer and dryer access
Polo beach is very nice too
Access to Mulligans for irish bar food and entertainment and you will be VERY close to Clint Eastwoods vacation home on Pauluea Beach
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ilovefairmont
Thanks for all of the advice. I have decided to stay at the Kea Lani for the following reasons:

1) I will be bumped up to the premier status of the FPC
2) Staying in an 800 sq foot+ suite will be sweet!
3) We've signed up for a scuba diving certification course close to Wailea and the boat leaves the dock at 5:45 AM, so it'll be a lot more pleasant sleeping in Wailea than Kapalua.

Thanks for the tips FTers!
Molokini will be fabulous..

You've chosen to be in close proximity to the most popular dive spot in the region..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.