Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Gate connections at OGG

Gate connections at OGG

Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Gate connections at OGG

So am contemplating a HA booking that routes from KOA-OGG-SFO with a 90 minutes connection time at OGG.
The Inter-island flight lands at Gate 11 ( Most days), and the mainland flight leaves out of Gate 17.
Is it all behind security? An easy gate change?
I don't want to have to leave the secure area at OGG.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Executrip
So am contemplating a HA booking that routes from KOA-OGG-SFO with a 90 minutes connection time at OGG.
The Inter-island flight lands at Gate 11 ( Most days), and the mainland flight leaves out of Gate 17.
Is it all behind security? An easy gate change?
I don't want to have to leave the secure area at OGG.
Yes, it is very easy, and all behind security. You will not have to leave the secure area.

Here is the terminal map:

http://hawaii.gov/ogg/terminal-information
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by 747FC
Yes, it is very easy, and all behind security. You will not have to leave the secure area.

Here is the terminal map:

http://hawaii.gov/ogg/terminal-information
There will be an additional "screening" before the flight to SFO but it is solely for agricultural purposes and is just a quick bag scan. Ninety minutes is more than enough time for an OGG connection. There's not much to do there except watch the planes take off and land with the picturesque Haleakala in the background (usually only visible in the mornings when the cloud cover is minimal).
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Thank-you both for the good info.
I had a feeling it would be OK, but now No worries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.