Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Maui Timeshares - Discounts on Activities?

Maui Timeshares - Discounts on Activities?

Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Take a look at the secondary market in which people are trying to unload their timeshares if you want to get a sense for how great an investment it is.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Hilton HHonors
A great site is:

Time Share Users Group

http://tug2.net/

You can find all sorts of good deals there.

We did do a TS presentation once, and got a lot of "goodies" on discounted activities. I would never do it again. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, and isn't worth it as far as I'm concerned.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
If Westin is still doing the time share presentations.. I got a couple rounds of golf at Ka'anapali.. The rounds are like $250 to $300 per person. Albeit, golfed at 2 pm.. it was worth it IMO.

Up front, Real Estate is my business, and studying business models is my interest. Been to like 10 of these, haven't ever bought once.. in fact some of the timeshares I've been to, they showed me the door within half an hour, and some didn't even bother doing one with me.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: SPG NWWP
HOw do you sign up

I am going with my SO to Kaanapali Vilas North in a week and want to get some bonus points from viewing a presentation there...any idea how to sign up? And how to drive a hard bargain?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
They usually get you on the beach stroll strip at Ka'anapali (Westin, Mariott, Embassy, Hilton,etc). There's a bunch in Lahaina. Bargain with them and get a good deal.. they can usually throw in Ulalena, tour, more of a discount.. The hard product which cost them full price is Old Lahaina Luau.. get that you scored. Westin should offer 2 rounds of golf and at Ka'anapali that's usually pretty pricey.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:21 am

Maui timeshares for Wyndham

I repeat! I repeat! Avoid this place at all cost!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum 3mm, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Nurit
I am going with my SO to Kaanapali Vilas North in a week and want to get some bonus points from viewing a presentation there...any idea how to sign up? And how to drive a hard bargain?
You will probably get an invitation for a presentation when you check in or the next morning. If not see the concierge. I am an owner at the original WKORV and attend a presentation every year for the generous points. Very low key with no pressure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.