Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

golfing on Oahu... where to play, where to rent clubs?

Old Jan 3, 2010, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something

Any suggestions on decent (public or otherwise reasonably accessible) courses to play while we're on Oahu? We are staying up at the North Shore and hope to avoid the Waikiki commotion as much as we can.... but it's not like the island is really all that big, right? ;-)

For once, google has failed me... so, any suggestions on places to rent clubs other than the courses would be nice... we'll probably play at least 3 days in a row so if we can find a third-party location to rent a decent set (doesn't have to be anything super nice...) that would be great.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
When I have need to rent clubs I have always done so at the course I was playing but I have not played any course on Oahu. The only option that I can really think of is to call (or check websites) of places like Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy etc to see if they have a location and rent clubs. Also, a smaller more local golf shop might rent clubs so I might check the yellow pages and give a few a call.

As far as places to play I can't help much there either (ask about the Big Island and I can help) but I know that almost all resorts allow outside play so finding a place to play won't be a problem. The cost however might be a factor. I know on the Big Island the places I typically play have a discounted rate after 100PM so you might consider that to make a resort course more affordable.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
A great resource that my buddies and I rely on frequently is this: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/current/sp/golfguide (for all islands)

Includes all rates as of Summer 2009, including twilight rates.

As for renting, why not just buy a cheap set and then donate? Sports Authority on Ward and Costco usually have good deals. I'd second rockdoc's advice on calling the stores to see if they rent or if they have leads.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: NWA Worldperks, AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus
Ko Olina on the west side of Oahu is a good place to play.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.