Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Well it would really seem to depend on which ship you're on (whether it's the ex-LTU 763s or the newly delivered 763s), wouldn't it?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:21 pm

Yep it certainly would, but if I *knew* that, for example, seats 15 on one model and seats 22 on another model were the ones without the window, I'd avoid *both* those numbers when making a seating reservation (and it wouldn't matter what plane I ended up with). I just don't know which numbers to put down to nix...
Old Nov 7, 2006, 1:01 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
HA reservations dept. @ 1 800 713 1220 responds that if you avoid rows 15 & 16 you should have a full window in that cabin on both configurations. Fly akamai.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:52 pm

Thank you for the help. I called HA, too, before posting, and the nice woman I spoke with said that their seating chart didn't indicate where that window-less seat was. I'm glad you found someone who knew more and shared it. We'll avoid rows 15 and 16 (I like to look out the windows--uh, oh, let's avoid the "pull down the shade--or not" discussion...)
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:56 pm

Otherwise, i don't think that there are any better or worse seats in HA economy. The LTU has the more horrible seating, mostly because the seats are so old and thick that they suck up a significant part of your space (no joke). You don't know which plane they will be using so unfortunately there is no way to plan.

I prefer C & G (the center section isle seats), when I don't anticipate that the flight is going to be full. Pick near the back as those are usually the last to fill a middle seat (E).
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by slippahs
Well it would really seem to depend on which ship you're on (whether it's the ex-LTU 763s or the newly delivered 763s), wouldn't it?
Will the ex-DL ships have any window-less seats?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:25 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by Ukalady
Thank you for the help. I called HA, too, before posting, and the nice woman I spoke with said that their seating chart didn't indicate where that window-less seat was.
That is the case. I was fortunate to have my call answered by a 19 year HA veteran who went to two supervisors before getting a confirmed answer to your question.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:08 pm

With all due respect, is this really worth stressing over, and isn't this the antithesis of why visitors come to Hawaii?

The window shades (at the request of your FA's) will be down for virtually the entire flight. So, at most you could miss 10-15 minutes of island viewing (IF it isn't cloudy and IF you are on the correct side depending on approach).
Old Aug 29, 2007, 12:48 pm

767-300 Hawaiian Air seats

We are in row 11 A and B

We see that there is no seat in front of us...noted to be no under the seat room to place carry on...tray is in arm rest

The web site says there are personal TVs at each seat, how do they do this if there is no seat in front of you??

Is there more leg room here???

Is there a row that is better then others, besides the exit row?

Thanks
Marlene
Old Aug 29, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wasup2
We are in row 11 A and B

We see that there is no seat in front of us...noted to be no under the seat room to place carry on...tray is in arm rest

The web site says there are personal TVs at each seat, how do they do this if there is no seat in front of you??

Is there more leg room here???

Is there a row that is better then others, besides the exit row?

Thanks
Marlene
Welcome to Flyertalk, wasup2!

Unfortunately, there aren't personal TVs at each seat on Hawaiian Airlines 767-300's. Perhaps you misunderstood the website describing the personal handheld dig-e players that are available for rent for a fee in the coach cabin.

In the scenario you describe on other airlines, the personal tv's are mounted on the bulkhead wall in front of the seat.

Your bulkhead seats are decent ones. Some of the planes have different (thicker) seats in coach and this means less legroom. It's miserable for a tall guy like myself. With your bulkhead, you won't have to worry about that.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Ripper3785; Aug 29, 2007 at 1:39 pm
Old Aug 29, 2007, 2:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
What he said.

Imo, there are no decent seats in Y. The seats you have are the least bad of bad options. If you're traveling with someone you like , you get to snuggle. If you don't know your seatmate, you soon will. And if you're 6'1" (like me) you will be very cramped (but that's true in any of the Y seats)

Sorry
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Imo, there are no decent seats in Y. The seats you have are the least bad of bad options.
I'll take HA Y over any other transpac Y, unless it's the ex-LTU planes, which is worse than every other transpac Y I've flown in recent years. Of course since you can't know which plane you'll get, it's better to just get your first class upgrade and not have to worry about it.

Product consistency would be nice. Sometimes I do wonder if HA is too full of themselves with all the top ratings they earn, to even consider addressing issues like these. Though I'm sure it's not a cheap thing to change.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the info...mom is in need of a seat closer to the main door and we were given these....thanks

I read somehwere that row 17 back as a wider pitch then the first few rows of coach such as 11-16..anyone heard about that?

MArlene
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by wasup2
Thanks for the info...mom is in need of a seat closer to the main door and we were given these....thanks

I read somehwere that row 17 back as a wider pitch then the first few rows of coach such as 11-16..anyone heard about that?

MArlene
I believe that is rumored to be the case. I'm guessing you got that info from seatguru. Rows 11-16 are the 'mini-cabin' and we were in 13HJ not too long ago on the plane with the thick seats. It was an awful flight. If I were you I'd stick with the row 11 bulkhead. Folks will envy your legroom.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:09 pm

I am feeling a bit better......what was strange was that we added my mother yesterday to the flight and on the Hawaiian web site the only seats were way in the back row 39 and we were in 20, so I called and asked if they had seats closer and they said not al available seats are shown on the web site when purchasing tickets..and then they gave me the 11a and b

Marlene

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.