Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2007, 6:36 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
I'll take HA Y over any other transpac Y, unless it's the ex-LTU planes, which is worse than every other transpac Y I've flown in recent years.
I agree, certainly, on the latter. But if you can get Economy Plus seating in UA Y, that is much, much better than HA Y, imo.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: Various
Agree on the LTU seats. I made a post about that 4 years ago I think.

For a guy like me that's 6'3, I felt so clastrophobic due to the closeness of the seats in front of me, I started to feel a bit ill. There's virtually no leg room and trying to eat a meal in the seat was insane. This is probably the only bad thing I have to say about Hawaiian Air, I've been pleased with everything else.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 4:18 pm

I read on another forum that the ex-LTU planes (583 to 586, the ones with the thick leather seats) are soon going to start going in for interior reconfiguration with the standard slimline seats.

Most airlines block of a certain number of seats for special circumstances or airport assignment on the day of the flight.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
I read on another forum that the ex-LTU planes (583 to 586, the ones with the thick leather seats) are soon going to start going in for interior reconfiguration with the standard slimline seats.

Most airlines block of a certain number of seats for special circumstances or airport assignment on the day of the flight.
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they gonna install a bulkhead in front of 1CG?

So, I assume you're on a HA employee forum? PM me if I'm wrong and it's someplace else.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:21 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they gonna install a bulkhead in front of 1CG?
And get rid of the German signage in the F lav? http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....7&postcount=13
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:42 pm

So, I assume you're on a HA employee forum? PM me if I'm wrong and it's someplace else.
No, I'm not. I'm pretty sure it was Airliners.net; there are a few HA employees that post there.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:22 pm

No, I'm not. I'm pretty sure it was Airliners.net; there are a few HA employees that post there.
I just ran across the post you referred to. Posted by a someone claiming to be a HA pilot. Also commented that the new seats were a fair bit lighter and would pay for themselves after a couple of months. Would have been nice if they did this a few years ago...
Old Oct 9, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jtkauai
Otherwise, i don't think that there are any better or worse seats in HA economy. The LTU has the more horrible seating, mostly because the seats are so old and thick that they suck up a significant part of your space (no joke). You don't know which plane they will be using so unfortunately there is no way to plan.

I prefer C & G (the center section isle seats), when I don't anticipate that the flight is going to be full. Pick near the back as those are usually the last to fill a middle seat (E).
Just returned from OGG flying nonstop to PDX. All in all an ok experience on HA. Made me yearn for UA E+ but hey when flying with a 2-year old, I'll take the non-stop over the cnx through SFO. We flew on Nene outbound (new 763) and O'u on the way home (ex-LTU 763). Everyone has echoed my same sentiment -- as tight as the regular 763's are, the LTUs are worse in Y. In fact, the FAs made an announcement for pax to move their seats upright if reclined so pax behind them could eat their meal -- no joke. Impossible to work on the laptop, and just enough room to wedge the DigEplayer in there.

Didn't see it on this thread, but there also seemed to be a metal bar under and across the seat cushion on the ex-LTU 763's. Was that mentioned previously? Talk about uncomfortable!
Old Oct 9, 2007, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by ptpinit
Didn't see it on this thread, but there also seemed to be a metal bar under and across the seat cushion on the ex-LTU 763's. Was that mentioned previously? Talk about uncomfortable!
Not previously mentioned, but thanks for reminding me of the nightmare that is the ex-LTU seats. That bar hits right on my kneecap. Sad to hear that the seats haven't been changed out yet. But it's supposed to be 'in the works'.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 1:46 pm

Rode N583HA " 'A " yesterday. She's refitted with the new seats. The new seats are not the 'standard slimline seats' as on the non ex-LTU aircraft. They seem to be a little 'short' (mine and others heads stick up quite a bit past the top of the seat) and don't have the adjustable headrest with wings. The seatback has a plastic 'pocket' above the tray table that is kind of convenient. Legroom is much better than the ex-LTU planes, I guess comparable to the standard slimline ones. After AQ F and UA E+, it wasn't the best. But I got my hot coach meal!

Yes this means I didn't score my upgrade 24 hrs out. Thanks hawaiian for offering that $200 off first class sale and causing F inventory to evaporate!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 2:00 pm

Rode N583HA " 'A " yesterday......
I've ridden 'A many times! Did they get rid of the German signage found all around the cabins, especially in the lav's? Spulen/Seifer/Keine Zigaretten Einwerfen! Is there a bulkhead in front of 1 C/G now?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
I've ridden 'A many times! Did they get rid of the German signage found all around the cabins, especially in the lav's? Spulen/Seifer/Keine Zigaretten Einwerfen! Is there a bulkhead in front of 1 C/G now?
You know, silly me, I didn't pay attention! When I saw it was 'A, I thought that was the name of one of the newly acquired birds and didn't realize it was ex-LTU until this morning when reading through this post. I have a feeling they did put a bulkhead in in front of 1CG. They did put in new/refurb F seats too.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 3:15 pm

They did put in new/refurb F seats too.
Awright! That's what we've been waiting/hoping for. Nice!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:31 am

HA First class seats

As I scrolled through this thread, it seems like sitting in coach from San Diego is a hit or miss option. I gather Y class is coach?
How is the first class experience on HA? I have never flown them before, but I am thinking of breaking up my trip to Sydney with a stopover in Hawaii, and I want to be as comfortable as possible. The price seems pretty reasonable. Do they have TV monitors in first class? Would it matter whether I get the LTU planes or not?

Tnx, Keith
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:38 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Keithrez
As I scrolled through this thread, it seems like sitting in coach from San Diego is a hit or miss option. I gather Y class is coach?
Yes, Y class is coach. My take: the comfort level of Y seats on HA's 767s is awful -- unless you can get an empty seat next to you. Then it is quite tolerable.

How is the first class experience on HA? I have never flown them before, but I am thinking of breaking up my trip to Sydney with a stopover in Hawaii, and I want to be as comfortable as possible. The price seems pretty reasonable. Do they have TV monitors in first class? Would it matter whether I get the LTU planes or not?
HA in F is a lovely experience. The food is excellent, the atmosphere fun, and the ambiance perhaps the most truly Hawai`ian of any airline.

There are no individual PTVs in F. Otoh, they do give you DigEPlayers, which have a nice selection of movies and other videos. They will also show one movie on the overhead screens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.