Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1942745-consolidated-ha-premier-club-lounge-other-ha-available-lounges-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "HA Premier Club lounge and Other HA-available lounges" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Access to any lounges in KIX?

Question for anyone who has flown HA in F out of KIX: Were you granted complimentary access to any of the lounges there?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Just visited HA's Premier Club lounge at HNL -- the upstairs one, near gate 57. This wins the award for worst lounge I've ever visited. That's really saying something, as I'm not a complainer.

Some sodas, a few newspapers, magazines and salty snack bags. That's pretty much it, though the lounge does provide a free odor that makes it seem like the cleaning staff smokes several packs of cigarettes when no one is around. Either that or mold -- couldn't tell.

Really, HA, why even bother if that's going to be your lounge for F passengers? I don't mean that in an entitlement sense, but rather that HA should be straight about how its F product is more akin to AirTran's soon-to-be-gone C product -- a reasonably-priced premium cabin, but not quite a true domestic F experience.
Quite a sobering experience having just arrived from SYD where HA uses Air New Zealands lounge. Found my way to the HNL upstairs lounge. No food, no alcohol, Guava juice from a prepack, soda from a fountain. Saving graces were wifi and A/C

While most US lounges leave a lot to be desired compared to Asia/Pac lounges HA really only provides a glorified waiting room.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:54 pm

HA lounge access in Taipei?

I will soon be flying HKG-TPE-HNL (CX & HA) in J and cannot seem to determine if I will have lounge access at Taoyuan. I can't find any reference to an HA lounge or access agreement online. This said, I am OW Emerald so not sure if that will entitle me to use the CX lounge coming off the Hong Kong flight even though the connecting HA flight is not One World.

Can anybody provide some guidance?

Last edited by AADFW; Sep 26, 2013 at 11:15 pm
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by AADFW
I will soon be flying HKG-TPE-HNL (CX & HA) in J and cannot seem to determine if I will have lounge access at Taoyuan. I can't find any reference to an HA lounge or access agreement online. This said, I am OW Emerald so not sure if that will entitle me to use the CX lounge coming off the Hong Kong flight even though the connecting HA flight is not One World.

I am not sure about TPE, but I have flown HA in J from Sydney, Aukland, and Haneda, and had lounge access at each location. Since you are making a connection, I am not sure how you will get the lounge pass that one gets when one does street-side check-in. You might want to email customer service and find out which contract lounge they use in TPE, then show up with your J ticket.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by sdix
Quite a sobering experience having just arrived from SYD where HA uses Air New Zealands lounge. Found my way to the HNL upstairs lounge. No food, no alcohol, Guava juice from a prepack, soda from a fountain. Saving graces were wifi and A/C

While most US lounges leave a lot to be desired compared to Asia/Pac lounges HA really only provides a glorified waiting room.
Very true....their lounges are nothing to write home about, that's for sure. If they can do their Pau Hana night with hot food and music etc (not sure of exact spelling sorry), they should make it an every day thing and then the lounges would be more bearable.

Last edited by Downunder girl; May 15, 2014 at 6:41 am Reason: Edited due to spelling error!
Old Sep 29, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
If they can do their Pana Hau ...(not sure of exact spelling sorry)....
It is "Pau Hana."
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sdix

Crucial to have OW, *A (not so much lately), or Priority Club for HNL, can use Admirals Club or United Club. HA lounges are silly.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by AADFW

China Airlines is the official agent for Hawaiian Airlines in Taoyuan, so just check in with the China Airlines transit desk when you arrive at TPE! There is definitely lounge access for business/first class passengers, and I am pretty sure that HA uses China Airlines lounge at Terminal One, which is a very nice lounge and I love their beef noodles. If you have a twitter account, ask Hawaiian Airlines a question and they are pretty good in getting back to you.

Carfield
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by socalgecko
Question for anyone who has flown HA in F out of KIX: Were you granted complimentary access to any of the lounges there?
According to a Japanese website, Hawaiian Airlines uses ANA lounge at Kansai.

Here is the link and use google translate!
http://flyteam.jp/airline/hawaiian-a...s/review/10562

Carfield
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by jerseyloo
Maui HA lounge has no WiFi. Really, in 2013? My next flight Hilo to Oakland was switched so that now I am stuck in the Maui airport for a 3 hour layover. Most of their lounges are like visiting a Denny's in 1973, but less classy.
Still no WIFI at OGG. WIFI at KOA/ITO is sloooooow, but works.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
wifi at LIH...it reaches the departure gate area
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
From the mailer received today: "We are also excited to announce a multi-million dollar effort to upgrade all our airport lounges in the state of Hawai'i.
Renovations will commence in early 2014 and are tentatively scheduled for completion before the end of the year.
Please keep an eye out for future announcements with regards to the closing and re-opening of each lounge. We
thank you in advance for your patience during this time."
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Most information on this thread is a little old, so forgive me if I am asking a question thats been covered numerous times:

Can I purchase a day pass at LIH? Flying Delta (F) out. I am really just looking for a quiter place with AC.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by james318
Most information on this thread is a little old, so forgive me if I am asking a question thats been covered numerous times:

Can I purchase a day pass at LIH? Flying Delta (F) out. I am really just looking for a quiter place with AC.
There's a Starbuck's, a cafe, and a bar directly across from the security checkpoint. Any of the three will provide a better experience than the HA lounge unless they've upped their game hugely since the last time I bothered.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Originally Posted by WrightHI
There's a Starbuck's, a cafe, and a bar directly across from the security checkpoint. Any of the three will provide a better experience than the HA lounge unless they've upped their game hugely since the last time I bothered.
+1. Haven't been in this year, but the LIH HA lounge is very small with tables and chairs placed close together. I only poked my head into the area described above, but it looked nice. I wouldn't pay for HA lounge access. Sorry, can't remember if LIH lounge has wifi or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.