Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVED "CURRENT INTER-ISLAND FARES" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVED "CURRENT INTER-ISLAND FARES" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by wintermom
Ok, what am I doing wrong. I need to go from HNL to Kahuliu Maui on
June 20 and return June 29th. When I check Aloha's site I still see only
$78.00 each way fares??

How do I take advantage of these $39.00 fares??

Thanks for the help!
Fares are up on both alohaairlines.com and hawaiianair.com now for travel 6/9-9/30.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:18 pm

That's kinda funny and sad that the paint job and the aircraft (at least in appearance) will be the same if they paint a 200.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Gee, I wonder why they would happen to choose today to cut their fares by 35%?

Guess it's just because 'Hawaii's people consider them part of the family.'

What a shame, if they'd treated us like family for the last 5 years, there wouldn't be either room or a need for new competitors.

Go GO!

Aloha,

Lihue1k
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:00 pm

Is anyone seeing the cheap fares for LIH-ITO or OGG-LIH? It looks like you have to start or end in HNL.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:15 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Well, the fares are there now on both sites, but when I try to book on
Hawaiiair I get cut off, I guess the website is busy with the reduced fares.

I'll keep trying, this will save me close to $300. for the tickets I need for my
family. I really appreciate the information!
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:26 pm

Well, the fares are there now on both sites, but when I try to book on
Hawaiiair I get cut off, I guess the website is busy with the reduced fares.

I'll keep trying, this will save me close to $300. for the tickets I need for my
family. I really appreciate the information!
I just booked 4 flights on Hawaiianair at the $39 rate. I was getting an error trying to get the flights to book. I restarted my browser and then the reservations went right through. But that may have just been a coincidence.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL/NW, Proud Sky Club Member
Originally Posted by lihue1k
Gee, I wonder why they would happen to choose today to cut their fares by 35%?

Guess it's just because 'Hawaii's people consider them part of the family.'

What a shame, if they'd treated us like family for the last 5 years, there wouldn't be either room or a need for new competitors.

Go GO!

Aloha,

Lihue1k
I'm sure you know that this is MESA AIRLINES.... The same company that almost got shut down for putting car parts on airplanes...I would rather set myself on fire then fly on one of their planes.. I figure I might as well do it to myself before they do it to me
Hang in there Aloha and HA...Mesa cant run the operation they have now let alone a new start up..the cancellations and delays will soon have people running back to you
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Funkywabit
I'm sure you know that this is MESA AIRLINES.... The same company that almost got shut down for putting car parts on airplanes...I would rather set myself on fire then fly on one of their planes.. I figure I might as well do it to myself before they do it to me
Hang in there Aloha and HA...Mesa cant run the operation they have now let alone a new start up..the cancellations and delays will soon have people running back to you
you've obviously never been on an aq 732. it is virtually held together with scotch tape.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:55 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Called Hawaiian air. They said their web site was having problems but should
be up within an hour. I just got through and got my tickets! They are
listed as class M - does this mean I can or cannot get AA miles for the
flight?

Regardless its a great fare - thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy, just hope my flight from DFW into HNL isn't late. My connection
is only 1 hour and 10 minutes later.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:08 pm

They are
listed as class M - does this mean I can or cannot get AA miles for the
flight?
Yes. http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/Vi...artnersContent
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Miles Can't Be Earned on Northwest Airlines

Originally Posted by alliance
Interesting. I just checked and these special $39 fares on Hawaiian does not earn miles for your Northwest WorldPerks account.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
Interesting. I just checked and these special $39 fares on Hawaiian does not earn miles for your Northwest WorldPerks account.
It seems clear that you would not earn EQM/EQS on an inter-island M fare, but M class is not listed under "miles not earned in the following classes" for inter-island flights on the airline partner page of nwa.com http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/airfl.shtml#hawaiian ... ?

Last edited by alliance; Mar 23, 2006 at 5:44 pm Reason: changed url link to go direct to Hawaiian air info on nwa.com
Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by jtkauai
you've obviously never been on an aq 732. it is virtually held together with scotch tape.
Oh come on! That's just silly. Just because Aloha's 737-200 aircraft are aging doesn't mean their maintenance is bad. The Boeing 737-200 Adv is a solid workhorse aircraft. I can't wait to see one painted in the 1960's Funbird livery.

FYI, Mesa's current Director of Maintenance happens to be ex-Aloha Airlines (1980's). http://www.mesa-air.com/bios/oarriaga.asp?nav1=3&nav2=7
Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by alliance
It seems clear that you would not earn EQM/EQS on an inter-island M fare, but M class is not listed under "miles not earned in the following classes" for inter-island flights on the airline partner page of nwa.com http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/airfl.shtml#hawaiian ... ?
Yeah, I ended up calling WorldPerks to confirm. The word I got from the elite line (though the agent could have been misinformed) was that the M class would not earn miles nor EQMs.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:22 pm

I just booked a fare in July for a quick kona-Oahu weekend trip. Fares like this make it much easier to hit Oahu just to "shop." honestly Ive been dying for a cheaper option. Since I was transferred to the neighbor islands from Oahu, i haven't been the same. no real clubbing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.