Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines In Flight Entertainment Fees for Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know the costs to purchase TV or movies on it? The website doesn't say. I'm between flying Hawaiian or Delta. Hawaiian gives the free meal but you have to pay for entertainment whereas Delta I believe has free entertainment but not a free meal. The HA flight gets in a little earlier though which I like. Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
The movies are $8 each, the TV package with all the shows is $8 as well. If you're in an Extra Comfort seat you get the TV package free. In First Class everything is free.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Kumulani
The movies are $8 each, the TV package with all the shows is $8 as well. If you're in an Extra Comfort seat you get the TV package free. In First Class everything is free.
Is this ALL movies for $8 or will there be some movies available for free? First time flying HA so not sure....
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by sperkins921
Is this ALL movies for $8 or will there be some movies available for free? First time flying HA so not sure....
There are no free movies in coach. They are all $8, other than the ones included in the Keiki Pack.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
The only free entertainment in coach is ~12 channels of audio music (~1hr of content per channel played on a loop) and a couple episodes of HawaiianSkies (inflight video magazine)

There are no free movies in coach. They are all $8, other than the ones included in the Keiki Pack.
As well as the TV Package. IIRC there are a few older movies in the TV package too.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by asu-ua772
As well as the TV Package. IIRC there are a few older movies in the TV package too.
You're right, I forgot about that. The "& more" part of the TV package includes some movies, though don't expect to find the latest releases there.

IFE is an area where HA is really behind the competition. Most airlines have better selections of free content than HA does paid content.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Most airlines have better selections of free content than HA does paid content.
Agreed, Everything is free on United in coach, granted you need to use your own tablet or phone (or rent one) - but its a huge selection. I can't speak for the other airlines but I suspect they are similar.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
You're right, I forgot about that. The "& more" part of the TV package includes some movies, though don't expect to find the latest releases there.

IFE is an area where HA is really behind the competition. Most airlines have better selections of free content than HA does paid content.
Well, I suppose it is a tradeoff between free movies vs. free food.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Agreed. I'll be curious what the streaming IFE selection will be for the A321s but I won't hold my breath for improvements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.