Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA schedule changes for PDX (November 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA

Starting November 26 PDX-HNL will depart at 8am now instead of 10:15am. The HNL-PDX flight will now depart 2 hours earlier at 1pm. What's the reason for these changes?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:51 am
azj

Originally Posted by jjka
Starting November 26 PDX-HNL will depart at 8am now instead of 10:15am. The HNL-PDX flight will now depart 2 hours earlier at 1pm. What's the reason for these changes?
Not exactly sure what the reasoning is, but I can make some educated guesses...

The retiming could be apart of a broader shuffling of the schedule to better balance the arrivals and departures in HNL. The airport suffers from some bad congestion during the peak midday times.

With HND moving to an earlier time slot in October and the 2nd HND starting in December, at the later times, there could be a shuffle in fleet utilization, driving the need for an extra 330 earlier in the day.

At the end of the year, HA is committing the lie-flat product to certain markets. As a result, there could be the need to shuffle the schedule to ensure they can meet this demand.

This schedule change could be a preview of what is to come next summer for the PDX market and they're getting a headstart on changing the times.

Retiming PDX to allow for better connectivity to Asia and South Pac cities.

There could be TONS of other reasons... hopefully the schedule change won't affect people's plans too much. At least they'll be getting to Hawaii earlier!

Last edited by azj; Oct 25, 2016 at 12:12 pm
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by azj
Retiming PDX to allow for better connectivity to Asia and South Pac cities.
I bet it has a lot to do with this.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.