Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

If Hawaiian Airlines IT Monitors This Thread - Your FLIFO Info is Misleading for SFO

If Hawaiian Airlines IT Monitors This Thread - Your FLIFO Info is Misleading for SFO

Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to pick someone up at SFO tonight on a Hawaiian flight.

I look at the FLIFO page on the Hawaiian website, and I see the flight is coming in at Terminal 1. That seems strange to me, as I fly out of Terminal 1 regularly, and I don't remember seeing Hawaiian there. So, I go to the SFO website, and see that Hawaiian uses the International terminal.

So apparently someone at Hawaiian decided to abbreviate the International Terminal as Terminal I.

I have never seen or heard the International Terminal referred to as Terminal I. And the font that is used on the website does not have the small horizontal bars at the top and bottom of the I, it is just a vertical line - which I suppose could be a "1" or an "I".

Except, of course, it must be a 1 because there is no Terminal I. But, it isn't a 1 because Hawaiian does not use Terminal 1.

I'm just mildly annoyed at the stupidity of Hawaiian in making up an abbreviation that doesn't exist, and then using a typeface where the I can be an I or a 1.

But, someone who doesn't know the airport would see the FLIFO and go to Terminal 1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.