Flew HA in July? Check for Hep A?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Flew HA in July? Check for Hep A?

Looks like a HA FA tested positive for Hepititis A. HA has posted info on its website, along with the routes the FA flew:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hepatitisA

If you flew HA in July, you may want to check to make sure you were not on one of these flights. HA is reimbursing screening costs if you were on one of the flights that the FA worked.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by slippahs
Looks like a HA FA tested positive for Hepititis A. HA has posted info on its website, along with the routes the FA flew:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hepatitisA

If you flew HA in July, you may want to check to make sure you were not on one of these flights. HA is reimbursing screening costs if you were on one of the flights that the FA worked.
Thanks for the update. I flew AA 62 from KOA to LAX on July 26. Our inbound aircraft was flight 65 from Oakland that had the infected FA on it. Luckily I think I dodged a bullet on this one. Not sure if the virus can potentially survive on different surfaces outside of the body for certain periods of time. I was seated in 1st and I called HA tonight to see if they could tell me what cabin the FA worked on the inbound to see if I should potentially be somewhat worried but they didn't have that info. I'm calling my doctor out of precaution tomorrow just to double check that I should hopefully be ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.