Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

First Class Saver Award Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Tried searching the forum first but could not find the answer.

I have looked at saver availability (40k each way) from JFK to HNL (or back) and find tons of availability for coach but nothing for first. This is for the entire next 10 months. Does this really mean that there is no availability or am I searching incorrectly??

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:28 pm

There are a couple threads lamenting the dearth of HA 40k F awards and I must agree, they were available for some dates as late as last year w/advance booking but seems no more.

Sad, when the old BOH/BOA CC churn was in full swing I must have racked up at least 10 R/T F trips...
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
First class awards on mainland-HI routes seem to have gone away at the same time as the AA partnership on those routes. Grab sensible HA awards when you see them, because you can't count on HA not to pull the rug out from under you.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Flights

Thanks. Unfortunately at 6'4" flights from NY to Hawaii are really, really unpleasant in coach, hence the desire for business/first. It is unfortunate that HA doesn't have availability at the saver level.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:49 pm

I have seen 40k saver first class.. Its few and far between.. And usually just 1 seat. When we went JFK -HNL.. I was able to snag one 40k off season and was flexible on my dates.. Could never grab the second.. So, just paid for a one way ticket and used 50k points to upgrade my husband.
Forget United also.. can never find saver business on their non-stop.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:57 am

What booking codes does HA use for their award flights?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Most of the time I only see first class availability 3 weeks out before the flight. Which isn't really helpful. Back when AA miles were redeemable on HA, first class availability was abundant.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:56 pm

Looking through several months of 2017, there is basically zero first class saver award, but tons of economy saver award. Maybe when you finally find one, there is only one seat available in first for saver award.... I mean, who goes on vacation to Hawaii by him/her self?

Did I missing anything, or HA award availability is really extremely little?

it's not just JFK-HNL flight... pretty much all flights from LAX to anywhere in Hawaii has no first class saver award (or if you miraculously find one, it's only one seat only available)...

that makes Hawaiian Airlines miles pretty much useless if you want to book first class saver.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 27, 2016 at 5:30 pm Reason: Merge
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I mean, who goes on vacation to Hawaii by him/her self?
Well - some of us live here and 1 seat works - or, 1 seat as award and purchase the rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.