Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA 23/24 - OAK-OGG switched to A330?

HA 23/24 - OAK-OGG switched to A330?

Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question HA 23/24 - OAK-OGG switched to A330?

Hi everyone. Has HA #23 & #24, Oakland to Maui flights switched permanently to the 332? Looking specifically at flights in June and July.

Hawaiian website shows no extra comfort seats available to book, so I assumed this is still a 763. But looking on Google flights, ITA matrix, Orbitz... the flight shows as 332. And the Hawaiian seat map is for an 332!

So why are they blocking extra comfort seats on this route and not from SFO?

Any insights would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:42 pm
azj

It's been a 330 for a few months now. It looks like it reverts to the 767 for April and May, returning to the 330 on June 16th. Not sure why the EC seats are blocked, but I'm guessing it might have to do with the schedule transition. Maybe they're allowing flexibility, but they're leaving $$$ on the table. Or... all of the EC seats are already sold.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Thank you azj. I was thinking much of the same things. I'm just gonna call Hawaiian and ask them directly.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

So to wrap this up (in case anyone else runs into this situation), I called Hawaiian directly to ask about the inability to book the Extra Comfort seats.

After being transferred twice, I reached someone who seemed really experienced (guessing this from the manner in which she asked and answered questions... definitely knew what she was doing).

Long story short, there is no explanation as to why the Extra Comfort seats could not be booked. Our speculation remains there could be a future swap back to the 763.

Although, she did tell me to book regular main cabin and call back with my confirmation number to purchase the "upgrade" to Extra Comfort. None of the seats were booked on any of the OAK-OGG flights we looked at and they were not being blocked from her inventory. And since the increased cost for Extra Comfort over main cabin is standard for all of these flights, it is an easy charge to push through.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:13 pm
azj

Weird... perhaps just a glitch in the new website.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Another "glitch" in the new website perhaps....

A couple is trying to join us (2 people) in F on an OAK-OGG, but the site is telling them no seats are available, but if you look at the seat map, there are seats. They've looked into purchasing seats in F for the OAK-HNL-OGG flight. The site says there are two seats remaining at the price being offered, but the seat map only shows one!!

My suggestion to them at this point is to call HA and go from there!!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:34 am

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a glitch.

Seat maps are an unreliable way of telling if seats are available or not. They could be unassigned to people holding tickets (perhaps issued by other airlines) or seats blocked by the airline for whatever reason in the 2nd case.

-David
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Doesn't necessarily mean it's a glitch.

Seat maps are an unreliable way of telling if seats are available or not. They could be unassigned to people holding tickets (perhaps issued by other airlines) or seats blocked by the airline for whatever reason in the 2nd case.

-David
Thanks.... Forgot to think about those as possibilities...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.