Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat Question

Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat Question

Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
You can rent an iPad mini preloaded with movies, TV shows, and games on 767 flights: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our...inment-devices
Yeah, I already have my iPad loaded with entertainment, but I really used to *love* the HA-made videos with hula, etc. Sigh...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Ukalady
I sit here reading this, simply jealous because out of SMF, the plane is the old 767s and there is *no* Extra Comfort seating available. And no entertainment typically (no seatback monitors and they don't seem to play in-flight video entertainment any longer). I guess it's only five hours...but I'm positively jealous of the option to purchase Extra Comfort...

Were you, by chance, able to upgrade to EC with cash (or even miles?) after using miles only to purchase the reservation?
Yes, you can upgrade to Extra Comfort on a ticket purchased with miles. However, you can only use cash to upgrade, not miles.

They are phasing out the 767s over the next few years, so pretty soon they will have new planes (A330 or A321neo) with full IFE for all their flights, including SMF.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by Ukalady
I sit here reading this, simply jealous because out of SMF, the plane is the old 767s and there is *no* Extra Comfort seating available. And no entertainment typically (no seatback monitors and they don't seem to play in-flight video entertainment any longer). I guess it's only five hours...but I'm positively jealous of the option to purchase Extra Comfort...

Were you, by chance, able to upgrade to EC with cash (or even miles?) after using miles only to purchase the reservation?
I've always used cash to upgrade-on a cash ticket and a mileage ticket-i believe the EC is a big source of ancillary revenue for them and it's a cash only deal although iirc-I think there's availability for their elites at certain Windows prior to check in/boarding time
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:50 am

A330 Comfort seat

Flying out of SEA-OGG on HA29 on Saturday. Plane is A330. They had two comfort seats available - 14A&B. So booked them for $75. I check the seat map on the upgrade page, and it doesn't look like the one on the HA website. HA web page map shows row 14 being a bulkhead row. Looks like there is a partition between FC seats, and no lav between comfort class and first class when I selected row 14. So hoping the seats are decent, and at least looking to the final destination of Maui! Any recent experiences on A330 off the West Coast appreciated. Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by toadman
Flying out of SEA-OGG on HA29 on Saturday. Plane is A330. They had two comfort seats available - 14A&B. So booked them for $75. I check the seat map on the upgrade page, and it doesn't look like the one on the HA website. HA web page map shows row 14 being a bulkhead row. Looks like there is a partition between FC seats, and no lav between comfort class and first class when I selected row 14. So hoping the seats are decent, and at least looking to the final destination of Maui! Any recent experiences on A330 off the West Coast appreciated. Thanks.
Row 14 is a bulkhead row and nowhere near first class. There are lavs and a galley in front of it.

It sounds like you may have picked row 11 instead, which is directly behind the back row of first class. There is no partition or barrier in front of it, except curtains. There is a ton of legroom and unlike the bulkhead row, you can store stuff under the FC seats in front of you.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Haw...s_A330-200.php
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kumulani
Row 14 is a bulkhead row and nowhere near first class. There are lavs and a galley in front of it.

It sounds like you may have picked row 11 instead, which is directly behind the back row of first class. There is no partition or barrier in front of it, except curtains. There is a ton of legroom and unlike the bulkhead row, you can store stuff under the FC seats in front of you.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Haw...s_A330-200.php
Thanks Kumulani - Checked my boarding pass, and definitely in row 14 AB. So, it looks like it's bulkhead behind the separate preferred comfort seating area. At least we have early boarding and extra leg room. Will report back my opinion on the seating after our trip. Couldn't find anything in the HA threads regarding this particular row for the HA A330.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:50 pm

Thanks for all these posts! I wasnt aware of the product..... looks like a better way to HNL from SYD.....
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:32 pm

This is the mini-cabin w/ FC curtains pulled.

And this is the legroom in row 11 I'm at full stretch as far as I can go (I'm 5'11")

Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by toadman
Couldn't find anything in the HA threads regarding this particular row for the HA A330.
Try YouTube-there's a few HA vids with different EC seats features. iirc rows 14/34 are in two of them.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Hi, can anyone comment on HNL-LAX on the A330, my only option is row 14, G&E for $75 a piece...

Does HI offer upgrades to F on the day?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by aceman
Hi, can anyone comment on HNL-LAX on the A330, my only option is row 14, G&E for $75 a piece...

Does HI offer upgrades to F on the day?
It's a bulkhead so I'd say go for it.
HA does offer day of upgrades for a fee. Here's the link. I know JFK used to be $650 and it seems to have gone up!
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...business-class

Last edited by FBWFTW; Apr 20, 2016 at 8:24 am Reason: Slippery submit button!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:55 pm

Row 14 on the A330 is not bad. Decent leg room but as it is bulkhead, no place to store stuff under the seat. You get to board early, so it's really a non-issue. Also get access to the priority lane. Which right now, at least in Seattle, was well worth it. TSA lines have been in the 60-75 minute range these days.

It doesn't quite compare to the Delta Transcon service in Comfort + but overall it was worth the $75 for the added leg room, early boarding, and ability to check a bag for no fee. One thing I would change is allow for use of free premium movie package on the video entertainment set up.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:43 pm

Looking at SEA-HNL flights, to attend a wedding this summer. Row 13 EC seats are available outbound, but from what I can tell the A-B and H-J seats may have their backs to bulkhead, and C-G seats sit back against the galley. Does anyone know if those seats have same recline as other EC seats, or are they limited recline?

Flying KOA-LAX for inbound to mainland. A few more options, but just in case does HA website let you change seat selection to a different, open seat after original booking?

Thanks.

Last edited by Umami; May 12, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Old May 14, 2016, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Umami
Looking at SEA-HNL flights, to attend a wedding this summer. Row 13 EC seats are available outbound, but from what I can tell the A-B and H-J seats may have their backs to bulkhead, and C-G seats sit back against the galley. Does anyone know if those seats have same recline as other EC seats, or are they limited recline?

Flying KOA-LAX for inbound to mainland. A few more options, but just in case does HA website let you change seat selection to a different, open seat after original booking?

Thanks.
SeatGuru doesn't mention row 13 having a limited recline, but I couldn't tell you first hand. Yes, you can change your seats later after booking.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,,B6,DL,WN
A330 row 11 there/13 back?

Flying to/from Hawaii in April-JFK-HNL and back. Day flight there, red eye back. So I was thinking row 11 extra comfort there for extra leg room since we probably wont be sleeping and row 13 home so we can recline without encroaching on anyone behind us. My concern is being so close to the bathroom. On seatguru it looks like there is a fair distance between row 13 and the restrooms but it is just a schematic. It's a long flight so bathroom is used frequently I am assuming, though hoping not as much overnight. Anyone with row 13 experience at night able to weigh in on this?
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.