Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA boarding passes into Apple's iOS "Wallet" app?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Is it possible to get an HA boarding pass into the Wallet (formerly Passbook) app on Apple iOS device?

I'd thought perhaps the HA app would have a "send" feature into Wallet but I haven't found it...*

I know I can use the PDF version of the boarding pass and show it with the scan code at TSA and gate, but using Wallet is so much easier...

---
Okay, I got it. I had to re-check in using the HA app (even though I'd already checked in online from my computer; second time on mobile I didn't put any luggage in, I'd already paid for it on first check-in, 'hope that's not a problem) then, getting to the Mobile Pass area, I sent it to one of our Wallet accounts and used AirDrop to get both into the second iPhone (we each carry each other's bp's, just in case). Whew. Not really intuitive; wondering if I missed doing this option on the computer OLCI, but didn't see it...back to packing now ;-)

Last edited by Ukalady; Oct 31, 2015 at 11:13 am Reason: Add'l info
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Ukalady
---
Okay, I got it. I had to re-check in using the HA app (even though I'd already checked in online from my computer; second time on mobile I didn't put any luggage in, I'd already paid for it on first check-in, 'hope that's not a problem) then, getting to the Mobile Pass area, I sent it to one of our Wallet accounts and used AirDrop to get both into the second iPhone (we each carry each other's bp's, just in case). Whew. Not really intuitive; wondering if I missed doing this option on the computer OLCI, but didn't see it...back to packing now ;-)
There is no way to do this using OLCI on a computer... not sure this is true of any airline yet.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hawaiian
Yes (well, sort of)

There may be a more streamlined method, but this works. I find the app very difficult to use, slow and unwieldy!

1. Use the Hawaiian app to "check in" to the flight.
2. Then, check in again. The app will tell you you're already checked in, and will offer to let you see you boarding pass. (you can Do that and you can get your mobile boarding pass within the Hawaiian app.)
3. if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see a box that says "add to apple wallet". touch that and it will add the ticket to apple wallets.
Ukalady likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Technology is not really HA’s strongest suit...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: HA Platinum
I use a browser like Chrome not the app to check in using my mobile device. It is more reliable and has less errors when checking in. The app is still very much limited, although I've heard they've been working on updating it.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by slippahs
Technology is not really HA’s strongest suit...
Has something about the app changed in the past six months? I've used it for years in conjunction with Apple Wallet.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
No change. Still crap but can be made to do the job. I also prefer to check in first through browser, then re-check in app to add to apple wallet. A couple of times when I’ve tried to check in through app, seat changes have crashed it to the point that I couldn’t subsequently make it work at all and had to get paper pass.
Ukalady likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Okay, first time flying Hawaiian in maybe forever (possibly first time). So I downloaded the mobile boarding pass, but then they don't even scan it - they looked at it at the Hilo gate and then circled the I was in to keep track of who boarded the flight. Is this normal?

My mom said, are we in Myanmar again? We just need color-coded stickers to wear to indicate which flight we are supposed to be herded onto.

My friend works for Hawaiian and I said your website is not very competitive and he said they were a small airline and it was outsourced. I didn't say anything after that....
Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Okay, first time flying Hawaiian in maybe forever (possibly first time). So I downloaded the mobile boarding pass, but then they don't even scan it - they looked at it at the Hilo gate and then circled the I was in to keep track of who boarded the flight. Is this normal?

My mom said, are we in Myanmar again? We just need color-coded stickers to wear to indicate which flight we are supposed to be herded onto.

My friend works for Hawaiian and I said your website is not very competitive and he said they were a small airline and it was outsourced. I didn't say anything after that....
The app works. Possible IT problem you experienced.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by 747FC
The app works. Possible IT problem you experienced.
I didn't have a problem with the app, although it does operate in a klugey manner. My point was that they don't even scan the barcode on the app at the Hilo station. Is this a regular occurrence? Mobile boarding pass scanning is pretty routine today - not circling a seat map on a piece of paper to indicate boarding.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:19 am

No, it’s not a regular occurrence. I fly in and out of Hilo every week or two and can’t remember ever having that happen.
CApreppie likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:58 pm

Tried uploading my boarding passes to Apple Wallet on my recent flight from SAN, but noticed no button to click to put the passes in Wallet.

Anyone have thoughts /experiences here?

Mahalo.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:24 pm

Tried uploading my boarding passes to Apple Wallet on my recent flight from SAN, but noticed no button to click to put the passes in Wallet.

Mahalo.
Same experience for multiple check-ins on multiple accounts the last couple of weeks. It worked before then. I asked a lounge agent, who didn't think the app had been updated, but somehow something did change recently.
747FC likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:25 pm

Mahalo.
When I reported this to the App team, they replied saying it's temporarily suspended, but they plan to add it back later.
WrightHI and 747FC like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:49 am

IOS Wallet functionality is back as of a week or two ago.
Tanic and N830MH like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.