Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Some lie flat F fares $1558 RT from JFK in March (from what I could see)
When I added in a BOS leg on the HA website-the same JFK flight jumped from $1558 to $4379RT! That's a LOTTA dough for a 45 min flight on JetBlue-even if by some miracle it was a Mint plane ;-)
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:44 pm

It was mentioned that six ships have the reconfigured seats. Would someone in the know be so kind as to recap the tail numbers in one posting? Thanks so much!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
Some lie flat F fares $1558 RT from JFK in March (from what I could see)
When I added in a BOS leg on the HA website-the same JFK flight jumped from $1558 to $4379RT! That's a LOTTA dough for a 45 min flight on JetBlue-even if by some miracle it was a Mint plane ;-)
If there's one thing I've learned quite well over the last few years, it's "Check all flights to where you want to go that you'd be willing to take". There are moments like this (triple the fare for a minimally longer flight set) and then moments which are the reverse (saving $1700 for YVR-LAX-BNE vis-a-vis LAX-BNE, using the same LAX-BNE flights). You never know, after all, when BOS-JFK-HNL will be stupidly expensive but DCA/IAD-JFK-HNL will be cheaper.

Edit: Anyone know if/when they'll finally get around to adding these HNL-SYD?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:59 pm
azj

Originally Posted by PNCAUXPORTES83
It was mentioned that six ships have the reconfigured seats. Would someone in the know be so kind as to recap the tail numbers in one posting? Thanks so much!
At the moment, a/c 385, 386, 389, 395 and 396 are in the new configuration. 388 is currently being reconfigured. I'm not sure if there will be more this year or not. 6 airplanes will more than satisfy the plans to serve NRT, SYD, AKL and BNE exclusively with the lie flat product.

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson

Edit: Anyone know if/when they'll finally get around to adding these HNL-SYD?
HA is dedicating these newly configured planes to SYD, AKL, BNE and NRT starting in December. Those cities only take 3 planes and with 6 modified that leaves other cities with the chance to see the new configuration as well, but not on a dedicated fashion.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 20, 2016 at 1:29 pm Reason: multi-quote
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by azj
At the moment, a/c 385, 386, 389, 395 and 396 are in the new configuration. 388 is currently being reconfigured. I'm not sure if there will be more this year or not. 6 airplanes will more than satisfy the plans to serve NRT, SYD, AKL and BNE exclusively with the lie flat product.

HA is dedicating these newly configured planes to SYD, AKL, BNE and NRT starting in December. Those cities only take 3 planes and with 6 modified that leaves other cities with the chance to see the new configuration as well, but not on a dedicated fashion.
Thank you for this compiled info.

Is there a place you're pulling this from? Does HA have a source that we can keep tabs on for updates?

I'm going on a trip in December and have been watching these (6) planes and booking tickets based on where they may be next month.

Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Alright, five will get you ten I'll be using HA to fly back from Australia next summer. The BNE/SYD-SFO fares are currently hovering in the $2300 range for a Business/First mix (it's around $1800 BNE/SYD-HNL, if I was for some reason burning to switch airlines at HNL). BNE/SYD-JFK is "only" $3000-3200 as well. Both are highly competitive with other options (Air New Zealand, for example) at the moment...and don't even get me started on the arcana of Delta/Virgin fares.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, FPC Premier, HHonors Gold, BA Bronze
Had my first experience with the lie-flat seats (seat 1B) the other week to NRT. It's definitely a step up from their domestic style first class seats. But IMO it cannot compete with other carriers current int'l business class products. Even UA's dated J is more spacious and comfortable. Two quirks with the new seats are the lack of customizing the seat configuration, meaning one cannot raise the legrest while sitting up. And two, the lack of space when in the flat position. The head space area is very tight and feels somewhat claustrophobic. On to the nice things about the new seats. The fact that they are completely lie-flat, comfortable leather seats, access to the isle is available to the window passenger without having to climb over their neighbor, the 12" iPad Pro's they provide for entertainment and the little pull-up divider between each pair of seats definitely provides more privacy. On a separate note, row 11 in their mini cabin looked a bit cramped. I could be wrong but the amount of leg space for that row seems smaller than before.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by kbr420
...access to the isle is available to the window passenger without having to climb over their neighbor...
How does that work?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
How does that work?
Perhaps they're referring to the gap in front of the ottoman? You can kind of see it in the One Mile at a Time first look. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it here.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by 747FC
How does that work?
When the plane lands on the Isle of Oahu and the aisle passenger disembarks, the window passenger can also do so.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by WrightHI
When the plane lands on the Isle of Oahu and the aisle passenger disembarks, the window passenger can also do so.
lol. to answer the question, yes, there is a gap in front of the ottoman. Though, it's no larger than 10" inches but an average person's leg should be able to fit through the space. The window passenger seated next to me walked in front of it when I was in both sitting and reclined positions.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:07 pm
azj

Originally Posted by kbr420
Had my first experience with the lie-flat seats (seat 1B) the other week to NRT.
Did you fly after December 1st? On that day the new international "soft product" was rolled out on the international network. There's new blankets, pillows, mattress pad, amenity kits, menu, serviceware and cocktails. With all the new stuff finally unveiled, the product is quite nice, IMO. I do agree, the seat is a bit narrow in the shoulder area, but overall, a huge step up from the old stuff.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Did you fly after December 1st? On that day the new international "soft product" was rolled out on the international network. There's new blankets, pillows, mattress pad, amenity kits, menu, serviceware and cocktails. With all the new stuff finally unveiled, the product is quite nice, IMO. I do agree, the seat is a bit narrow in the shoulder area, but overall, a huge step up from the old stuff.
Nope, I never got the new kit/blankets. The new one looks a lot nicer though! Should've stuck with HA on my return had I known of the new soft product. I like to collect the kits from different airlines for some silly reason.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
FC Seat Suggestions for SFO-HNL

Flying HA for the first time and booked first class on the A330-200 from SFO to HNL. Any suggestions for seats to grab or avoid? Most of the cabin is empty. Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:27 pm

Any guesses when new seats will serve PPT?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.