Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

No coach reward seats fro SMF-HNL July 2016

Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Have two weeks booked on Kauai in July next year and have not seen any coach reward seats available, at all, for the entire month. Only First class costing 80K miles. What's up with that?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:04 am

Availability on Hawaiian is now horrendous
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:49 pm

See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...st-hawaii.html

I gave up on Hawaiian and moved most of my business to Alaska. I recommend checking them out. They have a great $99 companion ticket and they make their coach seats available for awards, even at busier times (albeit, sometimes at the higher level).

I have to believe that folks will start to realize that Hawaiian reward availability is now horrible. And, I have to believe that will start to impact them in some way. But, who knows. Delta is still around . . .
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: SPG, Hilton Honors,
Just booked 4 tickets from PNX to LIH. 2 free on points, 17.5 and 25K, the other 2 on the HA Credit card promo for May-June 16. Agree, found some dates that were 80K, which is stupid. For me, the rule with HA is book it as soon as the dates become available on the system, otherwise the window of reasonable points closes within 30 days. The perks of the card with the promo, the 50K they gave me, and the ability to consolidate family points, made HA the cheapest. Total cost for the 4 tickets was $1200, normally $700 per person. Spend a month in HI every summer to get out of AZ heat. June 18th or 20th is the magical date airlines and hotels use to jack up rates for the remainder of the summer, so they get silly with the points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.