Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HA/B6 codeshare check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by jtkohl
Checking in for flights tomorrow...HA web site directed me to B6, since I'm doing code-share flight SYR(B6)JFK(HA)HNL. I was not able to pay baggage fees online through HA site. I'll do that at the Syracuse airport tomorrow.
B6 web checkin issued boarding passes for both legs.

When I tried earlier in the morning, HA web site said "try again after 5:36am", but it was 10am EDT. HA site must have thought the 5:35am departure from SYR was in Hawaii time, not EDT!
This happened to me as well. If I can assume you booked thru HA all the way-you should go to the B6 checkin counter early and you'll wind up paying there and getting BOTH sets of boarding passes. I tried the app and website but wound up having to hit the airport early. On the way back(HA HNL-LAX), I used the Hawaiian app and paid for bags as well as got my e ticket for HA, then I got my B6 boarding pass at HNL.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
This happened to me as well. If I can assume you booked thru HA all the way-you should go to the B6 checkin counter early and you'll wind up paying there and getting BOTH sets of boarding passes. I tried the app and website but wound up having to hit the airport early. On the way back(HA HNL-LAX), I used the Hawaiian app and paid for bags as well as got my e ticket for HA, then I got my B6 boarding pass at HNL.
I just checked in on the JetBlue website and got digital boarding passes for both legs. The Hawaiian Airlines boarding pass says "JetBlue" though, so I'm hoping it will work.

The JetBlue mobile app, on the other hand, would not let me check in at all, and even now that I'm checked in, it won't let me get mobile boarding passes for either leg. So I'll just print them out.

On this Boston trip, I flew out on American Airlines so can't comment on what the check-in procedure would be like from HNL. However, I do have an HNL-LAX-FLL trip coming up on HA and B6 in September, so I will report back.

jtkohl, it would be great if you could report back as well after you leave HNL so we can all compare notes. I'm curious to know whether you are able to do mobile/online check-in there and get all your boarding passes.

Another question. My JetBlue-issued boarding pass does not have a boarding zone number on it for JFK-HNL. Will I still be able to board with zone 2 since I am in an extra comfort seat?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 29, 2015 at 11:01 am Reason: Merged post
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: UA General member
Originally Posted by Kumulani
I just checked in on the JetBlue website and got digital boarding passes for both legs. The Hawaiian Airlines boarding pass says "JetBlue" though, so I'm hoping it will work.

The JetBlue mobile app, on the other hand, would not let me check in at all, and even now that I'm checked in, it won't let me get mobile boarding passes for either leg. So I'll just print them out.

jtkohl, it would be great if you could report back as well after you leave HNL so we can all compare notes. I'm curious to know whether you are able to do mobile/online check-in there and get all your boarding passes.
+1 on the web checkin from North America to HNL: at jetblue.com, I got JetBlue branded print-at-home boarding passes; could not get mobile passes on the JetBlue App; and the print-at-home passes were fine for JFK-HNL.
I'll report back on the return HNL-JFK-SYR unless it gets messed up by Ignacio.
Another question. My JetBlue-issued boarding pass does not have a boarding zone number on it for JFK-HNL. Will I still be able to board with zone 2 since I am in an extra comfort seat?
The gate agent at JFK said consider yourself zone 3 if you have no zone listed on the BP. I suppose you could ask to have yours reprinted if you're eligible for an earlier zone.

Last edited by jtkohl; Aug 29, 2015 at 1:35 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:41 am

+1 on the web checkin from North America to HNL: at jetblue.com, I got JetBlue branded print-at-home boarding passes; could not get mobile passes on the JetBlue App; and the print-at-home passes were fine for JFK-HNL.
I'll report back on the return HNL-JFK-SYR unless it gets messed up by Ignacio.

The gate agent at JFK said consider yourself zone 3 if you have no zone listed on the BP. I suppose you could ask to have yours reprinted if you're eligible for an earlier zone.
This is excellent stuff! Did you guys book thru HA or B6? Back in January I got bounced from website to website with no way to checkin until I got to the airport-perhaps systems have changed a bit or I tried to many "logins" or something.... At any rate, enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I booked through HA. Just took the flight today - I have to say, it was the best coach experience I've had in a long time.

Since I was in Extra Comfort, I boarded with zone 2 even though my B6 branded boarding pass did not have a zone number on it. The agent didn't say anything and the scanner beeped like normal so... I'm presuming that if you qualify for zone 1 or 2 boarding, you can go ahead and do it even if it doesn't explicitly say so on your boarding pass.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:58 pm

This is excellent stuff! Did you guys book thru HA or B6? Back in January I got bounced from website to website with no way to checkin until I got to the airport-perhaps systems have changed a bit or I tried to many "logins" or something.... At any rate, enjoy your trip!
I booked through the HA web site, then got the record locator from B6. I credited the trip to B6 TrueBlue, so maybe I called HA first to add my TrueBlue number to their records, and from there I could find the flights on the B6 web site. I had to call B6 to select seats (shortly after ticketing) for their flights.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:23 pm

I booked through the HA web site, then got the record locator from B6. I credited the trip to B6 TrueBlue, so maybe I called HA first to add my TrueBlue number to their records, and from there I could find the flights on the B6 web site. I had to call B6 to select seats (shortly after ticketing) for their flights.
Same for me. I had to get my even more legroom seats and B6 points! I wish I'd get enough HA points for free travel but that's a pipe dream!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:13 am

On the return from HNL, I was able to check in on the mobile site, pay for bags, and get mobile boarding passes for HA50. But I could not get B6 mobile passes. When we checked bags at HNL, we got paper boarding passes for both the HA and B6 flights.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:15 pm

On the return from HNL, I was able to check in on the mobile site, pay for bags, and get mobile boarding passes for HA50. But I could not get B6 mobile passes. When we checked bags at HNL, we got paper boarding passes for both the HA and B6 flights.
Perfect thanks so much! I don't know why I'm Worried this time-I just remembered we've actually got two separate PNR's this trip because the B6 schedule wasn't out when we booked thru HA so we couldn't book BOS-JFK-HNL and return. I should theoretically be able to put boarding passes on everyone's phones(including my 90 year old Grandfather's iPhone 5C ;-) )
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:12 am

Perfect thanks so much! I don't know why I'm Worried this time-I just remembered we've actually got two separate PNR's this trip because the B6 schedule wasn't out when we booked thru HA so we couldn't book BOS-JFK-HNL and return. I should theoretically be able to put boarding passes on everyone's phones(including my 90 year old Grandfather's iPhone 5C ;-) )
Υοu will have to collect bags and re-check them at the connection point. See http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/help/pages/interline-baggage-statement.aspx
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:47 am

Υοu will have to collect bags and re-check them at the connection point. See http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/help/pages/interline-baggage-statement.aspx
We planned our connections so we'd have 5 hours between flights-we get into NY at 6 and leave at 11. But if we can we'll list standby on B6 one flight early
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:37 am

On the two occasions my parents have traveled the PHTO-PHNL-KJFK-KBUF route in the last year or so using HAL + JBU on separate PNRs the gate agent in PHTO checked them through with no hassle. The one time the did it with DAL it was promptly denied. JBU seems to be treated different from other carriers and I would guess VRD would as well so you might as well ask.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by ROCAT
On the two occasions my parents have traveled the PHTO-PHNL-KJFK-KBUF route in the last year or so using HAL + JBU on separate PNRs the gate agent in PHTO checked them through with no hassle. The one time the did it with DAL it was promptly denied. JBU seems to be treated different from other carriers and I would guess VRD would as well so you might as well ask.
Thanks very much for the info! It would certainly help. At least on the return flight HNL-JFK-BOS to not have to grab luggage. Our JFK-HNL flight is a day after our BOS-JFK so it really is the route back I'm trying to check luggage through on. I've asked both call centers and what they've said is "ask at the airport"
We certainly would have booked thru either HA or B6 completely, however the B6 schedule extension is probably two months shy of the HA one(we were able to book JFK-HNL early enough to get 4 RT oach saver awards, buy a 5th ticket and then upgrade all to EC for both segments.) Had we put in BOS-HNL on HA's website, we would've only been presented with options on VX to the west coast and then on to HNL. But since B6 didn't have their schedule extended at that time, JFK-HNL wasn't an option until we put in NY as our origin/destination. We then booked the B6 tickets the day they were released. Funny that they can't simply merge the return trip into one PNR-or that they won't check bags thru due to "policy" My best GUESS as to why B6 is treated a tad different is that the bags don't have to go from one terminal to another, merely from gate to gate at JFK's T5. If your parents had connected on to DL/AA or any number of other airlines, I suspect they wouldn't have been able to do it.

Last edited by FBWFTW; Sep 8, 2015 at 2:08 pm Reason: Added B6 comment
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Enroute HNL-LAX-FLL. Updating this with the HA/B6 checkin experience out of HNL. I checked in on the HA website and was issued printable boarding passes for both the HA and B6 legs.

So in conclusion, you can still check in from home with a B6/HA combo itinerary. The only limitation is that you can't use mobile boarding passes for the B6 legs.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Kumulani
Enroute HNL-LAX-FLL. Updating this with the HA/B6 checkin experience out of HNL. I checked in on the HA website and was issued printable boarding passes for both the HA and B6 legs.

So in conclusion, you can still check in from home with a B6/HA combo itinerary. The only limitation is that you can't use mobile boarding passes for the B6 legs.
True story-I was able to get mobile BP's for HA but NOT B6 on my way from HNL-LAX... Had to check in at HNL to get the B6 passes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.