Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

How picky is HA with the luggage weight for domestic first class passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Hi

flying HNL - KOA, key question
How picky is HA with the luggage weight in dom. F
Traveling 5 weeks from SYD - we like to have a little bit more than 2 x 23kg
I know at HNL the do have automatic scales and self service for eco, but the same way for F?

If the charge starting at 24kg overweight, I'll fly eco the 40 min and pay for the luggage...
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by MarkusToe
I know at HNL the do have automatic scales and self service for eco, but the same way for F?
It is self-service for F, unless you choose to request the assistance of a CSR. I doubt you will get any special treatment regarding overweight.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: Programs: HA Plat - unhappy getting there, Emerald Exec Elite
HNL has a 1st class check-in counter

HNL has a first class staffed courtesy counter near the self-serve kiosks. I had a HNL-KOA flight/Platinum status with a 54lb (24.5kg) baggage that the nice fella let slide. On occasion at other inter-island check-in I was asked to lighten the load.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by bigislandjeff
HNL has a first class staffed courtesy counter near the self-serve kiosks. I had a HNL-KOA flight/Platinum status with a 54lb (24.5kg) baggage that the nice fella let slide. On occasion at other inter-island check-in I was asked to lighten the load.
Yes, my experience too is that it depends on the agent. Bring a nice smile and they may let you pass. Or they may charge.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Is HA picky regarding "oversize" items?

Flying HA in F later this month. We usually bring a cooler w/ various kitchen amenities & this has traveled w/o any question on UA. Looked up the HA specs & see that it's 62-inch total dimension value (LWD) for free carriage. Checked the cooler & depending on whether/how the appendages count, the LWD totals to just about the limit, but maybe including all the projections of the wheels/handles could be 63 inches. Anyone had any good/bad experience w/ HA regarding strict enforcement?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Pualani Platinum
I would not get to the self service kiosk to early....if they are not busy, the agents stand around looking for oversized carry on bags and try to get you to check them in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.