Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA-Hawaiian Miles - Expired and No Courtesy Reminder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various

I'm a bit frustrated at the moment. I've had a small stash of miles in my account for awhile now, and have been doing small transactions every year to keep them alive.

Evidently, the last transaction I made did not go through, and my miles were taken away due to inactivity in the last month.

Questions:

+ I'm surprised that no courtesy email was sent, even though i get messages from them weekly on sales/promos. is that correct, no warning?

+ Do they offer a reinstatement program, and if so where, when, how ?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
+ Do they offer a reinstatement program, and if so where, when, how ?
http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/Hawa...onditions.aspx

If a Member fails to earn or redeem miles for eighteen (18) consecutive months, Hawaiian will expire the mileage accrued on a member’s account. Expired miles may be reinstated for a fee. Members will need to call the HawaiianMiles Service Center toll-free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537). for assistance with the reinstatement of expired miles and payment of the associated fee.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:18 pm

Anyone have an idea how much the fee is? Same issue here. Lost 77k miles. Oops.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:09 pm

Any update on how much does it cast to reinstate miles? I just findout I lost 70k
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:38 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...red-miles.html
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:44 am

why not use something like awardwallet.com to keep track of expiration dates for you?

-David
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:54 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
why not use something like awardwallet.com to keep track of expiration dates for you?
I appreciate you mentioning this. I recently got a Hawaiian Airlines credit card. For whatever reason, I didn't spot the airline as a program that awardwallet tracks. Given your post, I went back and looked again. Voila!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:22 pm

From talking with their customer rep, they policy is to let members buy 10% of miles expired, and they are willing to restore your account.

For me I lost 70k miles(Expired), if I were to buy 7k miles at current price, they would restore my expired miles, in total I would have 77K miles after that.

Not sure if its something I would like to do considering that they are not that valuable.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I almost lost miles myself due to inactivity too. Think it was the early part of this year that I made note of the expiration date of the miles after logging into my account. I set up a reminder to purchase miles to keep the account active.

Well, I just noticed that I must have ignored the reminder that went off on June 1st. So I logged into my account today and the miles are still there. But the expiration date can no longer be found. Don't understand the point of some airlines doing away with the expiration dates in the account details. Does it cost them anything to keep the account and miles "active" indefinitely? Delta does this apparently. Just curious...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.