Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Has anyone checked in a firearm on HA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone checked in a firearm on HA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:40 pm

Glad to hear things went (relatively) smoothly. Was there any mention of anything to do with your original worry: advance arrangements?

You must be one of the cleanest guys around, it's unusual for a gun case not to have a trace of powder residue.

Gives me an idea for an experiment, however. Let your lab guys see if there is any powder residue. If not, you're just Mr. Clean. If there is, doesn't inspire confidence in the TSA's abilities.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:46 pm
Formerly known as billinaz
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
No mention of any advance arrangements. In fact not a single question, just sign the tag.

Funny thing was they swabbed my 15 year olds hands at the WTMD and the ETD alarmed. They seemed to agree with my assumption it was lotion on her hands.

Last edited by SpaceCoastBill; Mar 14, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.