Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help needed- HA awards and two different accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

My husband and I each have a Hawaiian Airlines credit card. We want to book a seat from Las Vegas to Honolulu. We see that if we put into seats we could purchase the award on the same reservation. We are not locked into a particular week or a particular month. But if he is booking one tix under his Hawaiian number. And I am booking one under my Hawaiian number. How do we make sure that we are both going to be able to get a seat if realistically were booking on the same flight?
My fear is that I will book a seat under my hawaiian number. And then when I go to book his under his Hawaiian number there will no longer be a seat. We called the Hawaiian Airline reservation line and someone from most likely India answered and they had no clue what I was talking about. They said there was a $30 per ticket fee to book the reservation over the phone.
I was hoping maybe someone has experience on how to different accounts manage to get on the same plane on two different reservations. We're going to have a similar issue on American airlines as we both have separate account numbers for that too. Anyone who could offer any assistance it would be so greatly appreciated thank you and God bless.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by hackwid
My husband and I each have a Hawaiian Airlines credit card. We want to book a seat from Las Vegas to Honolulu. We see that if we put into seats we could purchase the award on the same reservation. We are not locked into a particular week or a particular month. But if he is booking one tix under his Hawaiian number. And I am booking one under my Hawaiian number. How do we make sure that we are both going to be able to get a seat if realistically were booking on the same flight?
My fear is that I will book a seat under my hawaiian number. And then when I go to book his under his Hawaiian number there will no longer be a seat. We called the Hawaiian Airline reservation line and someone from most likely India answered and they had no clue what I was talking about. They said there was a $30 per ticket fee to book the reservation over the phone.
I was hoping maybe someone has experience on how to different accounts manage to get on the same plane on two different reservations. We're going to have a similar issue on American airlines as we both have separate account numbers for that too. Anyone who could offer any assistance it would be so greatly appreciated thank you and God bless.
This should be simple. Do a dummy booking for one of you and check the seat map. Look for two seats together. Book your husband's ticket and then select one of these seats. Then log in under your name, book your ticket, and select the seat next to him.

Last edited by cblaisd; Feb 8, 2015 at 9:32 pm Reason: Removed comment now moot after thread moved from United to this forum
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
This should be simple. Do a dummy booking for one of you and check the seat map. Look for two seats together. Book your husband's ticket and then select one of these seats. Then log in under your name, book your ticket, and select the seat next to him.
Also, I think there's an award seat availability concern too. You can do a dummy booking for two seats before booking each seat separately. If you can pull up two awards during that dummy booking, you should be able to book two seats separately and then hopefully select seats next to each other (provided the seat map has two adjacent seats available). There's always the risk that rev mgmt will somehow zero out the award class bucket when you book that first seat or someone else comes in to swoop up that last award seat (if there are two remaining), but the risk of either happening is quite small.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
If you're credit card holders, you can combine your miles into one of your accounts and book both tickets from there. That's an unusual little perk that HA offers with its card. IMO it doesn't make up for an otherwise low-value program, but if you have it available, you might as well use it.

But you're probably overthinking this a bit. Finding two seats together when you're booking them a few minutes apart shouldn't be too hard.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:59 pm

As stated, you can combine your accounts immediately online. I did this and seconds later my account showed the new balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.