Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can I add a inter island flight to an existing booking and qualify for free baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I add a inter island flight to an existing booking and qualify for free baggage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Cathay, Delta, Priority Pass (gold), SPG

Hi,

I am flying to Hawaii in December. I first booked an international ticket (from Asia) into HNL, and left the local bookings till later.

Just realized that local flights have baggage fees of USD 25 per bag for the first one; whereas the international flight allows 2 bags free. International flight in is in Hawaiian Airlines. But ticket is non cancellable/ non refundable.

Is there any way, I can buy the inter-island tickets on Hawaiian, and then claim that it is part of my international trip, and therefore be eligible for the baggage allowance as per my international flights?

We are a large group (10people).. the extra baggage fees will really add up.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Regards
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by goku001
Is there any way, I can buy the inter-island tickets on Hawaiian, and then claim that it is part of my international trip, and therefore be eligible for the baggage allowance as per my international flights?
The answer may lie in your question....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.