Wiki Posts
Search

HA award miles usage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus
HA award miles usage

I noticed when trying to book a transpac flight using cash the expanded legroom coach seating is available but when trying to book a transpac flight using award miles, this option disappears. If you book a coach award with HA miles, is there an upgrade option to the expanded legroom coach seats? Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1 MM; HA Pualani Platinum
The answer appears to be that you can purchase the upgrade:

http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app...tail/a_id/2084
See bottom of page:
Can I upgrade a Coach award ticket that I've used miles, to purchase an Extra Comfort Upgrade?

Yes. Coach tickets that were purchased using HawaiianMiles can be upgraded to Extra Comfort, however the upgrade must be made in USD. HawaiianMiles cannot be used to purchase Extra Comfort upgrades.

Exactly what the mechanism is to do so remains in question. You might have to do it over the phone, in which case it could incur a booking fee!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by jonsail
I noticed when trying to book a transpac flight using cash the expanded legroom coach seating is available but when trying to book a transpac flight using award miles, this option disappears. If you book a coach award with HA miles, is there an upgrade option to the expanded legroom coach seats? Thanks.

I vaguely remember being able to select extra comfort seats when selecting my seats at time of booking (however) I didn't choose them. I'm not sure if you are charged at the end when you are required to pay the taxes.

I logged into my account and under my trips, am able to select extra comfort seats (for other people in my party), didn't change but I presume after you select your seat they will ask for a credit card....

Last edited by yahrite808; Sep 17, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.