Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Reservation Not Available

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

I booked 2 FC seats SMF to OGG via HNL. For the outbound first flight on HA 19 for the 14th of October the web will not let me reserve seats. All other segments of this round trip are reserved.

Calling HA has been no help as they just say that seats can not be reserved and to check 24 hours before departure. Seats can be reserved on the same flight for the day before and the day following our travel date.

I smell a rat at HA. Why would you sell FC seats 2 months out and then not let the passenger chose a seat. Lots of double talk and fumbling by the call center when pressed.

Suggestions?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Taking a guess - they might be contemplating changing the plane from a 767 to a A330, and holding back seat selection for now.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Taking a guess - they might be contemplating changing the plane from a 767 to a A330, and holding back seat selection for now.
Not sure why that would be the case. The 767 and 330 have the same F plan. I suspect that they may be overbooked in F. I hope not, for the OP's sake.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Well...after calling corporate headquarters and explaining the issue we have seat assignments...on opposite sides of the cabin. Grrrrr. Waiting for my promised call back from someone at corporate and not the Philippine call center.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hawaiian Air Fold, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
HAL handles the seat assignments and upgrades via miles as poorly as any operating airline.

Basically they don't/won't handle them, either at booking or by phone and only at the airport.

I am in a similar situation. CSR tells me there was FC available for upgrade and turns me over to the Change Desk, which says no FC seats available and in fact says no seats at all are available which the website confirms.

What that simply means is that they will try and assign the whole plane at the gate, which will not only wear out the PAX but will wear our the poor employees also.

I used to travel to Hawaii monthly on business until dealing with those long flights became to much for me, and I simply refused to go any longer unless absolutely necessary. Now with less trips and no interisland trips I must take HAL to give me another 18 months to use the hundreds of thousands of miles I have available on HAL. Not a fun airline to fly TransPac. Try anyone else next time. You will like it better.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Received my call back yesterday from a very helpful gentleman. He apologized for not having 2 seats together. I said I was just happy to have the seats. He did not know why the call center could not explain that to me.

I'm satisfied at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.