Search

Any word on OHANA by Hawaiian?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Originally Posted by slippahs
Looks like Island Air is fighting back with a new logo! Take that 'Ohana!
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=240176981
What, they didn't put a picture of Larry on the tail?
Or paint it like this?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Bookable on Hawaiianairlines.com, $118 roundtrip to MKK and LNY

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/ohana

"Reserve your seat now and take advantage of our special limited-time $59 one-way fare* for Hawaii’s newest interisland operation, ‘Ohana by Hawaiian. Flights from Honolulu International Airport (HNL) to Molokai (MKK) begin on Tuesday, March 11, 2014, followed by service from Honolulu to Lanai (LNY) on Tuesday, March 18, 2014."

Last edited by HNLbasedFlyer; Feb 10, 2014 at 5:19 pm
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

...right as Ohana gets going YV folds. Guess they saw the writing on the tarmac.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:04 pm
azj

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

...right as Ohana gets going YV folds. Guess they saw the writing on the tarmac.
I think it's coincidence. GO! and Ohana were never going to compete on any nonstop routes. What's more interesting, IMO is Island Air's timing in dropping their MKK service and Ohana's start.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by azj
I think it's coincidence. GO! and Ohana were never going to compete on any nonstop routes. What's more interesting, IMO is Island Air's timing in dropping their MKK service and Ohana's start.
Yeah, especially since... doesn't Island Air have bigger ATR's than Ohana? ATR-72 vs. ATR-42? But obviously HA will feed connecting traffic onto Ohana's ATR-42s, so Island Air probably did some math and decided their load factors wouldn't justify continuing to fly ATR-72s to MKK once that happened.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:30 pm
azj

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Yeah, especially since... doesn't Island Air have bigger ATR's than Ohana? ATR-72 vs. ATR-42? But obviously HA will feed connecting traffic onto Ohana's ATR-42s, so Island Air probably did some math and decided their load factors wouldn't justify continuing to fly ATR-72s to MKK once that happened.
Indeed, WP has the -72 but I was under the impression that they were getting -42s as well. I think some of it had to do with wanting to focus on LNY.

It's nice to see that HAL put some money into the 'Ohana planes with new interiors and a fresh paint job. Branding is very important at Hawaiian, as it completes the experience. They're very focussed on making 'Ohana successful providing high quality, reliable and affordable service. Island Air should take note.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Just got back from a trip with Ohana by Hawaiian, HNL<->MKK, and their on-time arrivals, service, etc. are a real standout over the other inter-island flights. It feels like a real, nice, airline. You get what you pay for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.