Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines to Offer Personal Electronic Tablets (iPad Minis) on B767 Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines to Offer Personal Electronic Tablets (iPad Minis) on B767 Routes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:56 am
azj

Originally Posted by 747FC
I can understand that in Y, it can take a lot of time to retrieve and stow many devices. Can you please explain why they need to collect it that early in F?
AFAIK they're all stored in the same cart. The FA's have to account for all of them, clean them and then store them. This is in addition to the other duties they have to do to secure the cabin for arrival. In my experience, they pick up the F tablets last and let people watch as along as they can.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I can understand that in Y, it can take a lot of time to retrieve and stow many devices. Can you please explain why they need to collect it that early in F?
Exactly!!!! In hind sight, I shouldn't have been as huffy as I was. But I was pissed!! All of this could have been resolved if she had given me a little warning of say " in 5-10 mins. I will be passing back through the cabin and I will need the iPad then." Even if I hadn't finished the movie, I was given a little bit of a head's up.

Instead, she just stood there and repeated again, I need to collect the iPad. As if...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by azj
AFAIK they're all stored in the same cart. The FA's have to account for all of them, clean them and then store them. This is in addition to the other duties they have to do to secure the cabin for arrival. In my experience, they pick up the F tablets last and let people watch as along as they can.
Somehow UA manages to collect them at the last moment, allowing F passengers on these planes to enjoy the tablets to almost the very end...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:34 pm
azj

Somehow UA manages to collect them at the last moment, allowing F passengers on these planes to enjoy the tablets to almost the very end...
My multiple experiences on UA with their bricks, I mean tablets, was much the same as HA. In the end, the FA's have a job to do. Each airline has different policies and this one certainly isn't worth splitting hairs about.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by azj
My multiple experiences on UA with their bricks, I mean tablets, was much the same as HA. In the end, the FA's have a job to do. Each airline has different policies and this one certainly isn't worth splitting hairs about.
Sure it is, after all this is FT. If you are the guy/gal in F who gets to finish the movie vs the one who is rudely interrupted...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:01 pm
azj

Sure it is, after all this is FT. If you are the guy/gal in F who gets to finish the movie vs the one who is rudely interrupted...
Rudely interrupted? Further up the thread the he acknowledged that perhaps he didn't hear an announcement reminding passengers of the tablet collection policies. He takes a little responsibility for perhaps not knowing what was about to happen. Each time I've taken a tablet, both in F and Y, it came with a reminder that they'd be collected before landing and there were also announcements. This is true on AS, UA and HA. Let's not over dramatize the situation. Yes, it sucks to not get to finish your movie, but is it really THAT big of a deal?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Yes, it sucks to not get to finish your movie, but is it really THAT big of a deal?
My point is that it is a competitive advantage for a business to offer better service. In the case of tablet use, allowing the customer more time is a competitive advantage. That is all I am saying.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
And to add some closure to this for me, the movies the Mrs and I didn't get to finish are now available to view on our many media methods of streaming movies. (We searched on Sunday and were planning to lounge around to watch movies but they we're released yet.)

However, last night we found them and plan to watch them this weekend. Maybe we'll just fast forward to the end and call it a day.

Funny thing is that between us both, we can easily tell each other the endings since we watch the same two movies!! LOL

I just wished a decision was made to hand out the ipads while we were delayed for the 1.5 hrs. in Maui... If so, I'm certain I wouldn't have dusted off this very old thread!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.