Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines Toolbar" thread

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines Toolbar" thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by huge
Is there a minimum number of search miles you have to earn to get them posted? I'm just doing this to keep my HA miles from expiring - I've done 6 searches and my toolbar displays:

6 searches >> 2 miles

Is that enough to earn 2 miles and keep my miles from vaporizing?
Yes. They post approximately weekly, and I've had weeks with just 1 mile earned and that posted.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
Yes. They post approximately weekly, and I've had weeks with just 1 mile earned and that posted.
Thanks! now I can uninstall this stupid browser extension that's mucking up my chrome.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by huge
Thanks! now I can uninstall this stupid browser extension that's mucking up my chrome.
I just put mine on a browser I wouldn't otherwise use (in my case, Internet Explorer). Saves having to install/uninstall when I want to earn miles.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
Miles not "Posting"

All is working ok , and i see toolbar counter going, but mies are not posting. Last post was end of October. Anyone same problem?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mike1976
All is working ok , and i see toolbar counter going, but mies are not posting. Last post was end of October. Anyone same problem?
Same here. Last posting was 10/26/2015 according to the official website.

According to Awardwallet there was an update between 10/30 and 11/7 which is strange since the number is the same as the one after the last posting on 10/26.

I where also forced to change my password and Awardwallet has currently issue with Hawaiian...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:24 pm

Just checked my account and no miles posted after October 26. I'll keep an eye out for new miles deposists. Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't checked in a while.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Shagboy
Just checked my account and no miles posted after October 26. I'll keep an eye out for new miles deposists. Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't checked in a while.
Yeah, mine also stopped on the 26th. What is going on? Does anyone know?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:47 pm

Is search miles gone?

It looks like new mile finder doesn't reward miles for searches. It also disappeared from the website. They don't mention it anymore. Anyone saw that?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:24 am

Yes, Hawaiian's website says that after November 20 you will have to re-install a new Hawaiian plug in, and the new plug in will not allow you to earn miles for searches. It also says,

"The new Plugin will allow you to earn miles for qualified purchases only. You will not be able to earn miles for searches on either version of the Plugin after November 17, 2015."
Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:29 am

Mike is correct that no longer get miles for searches. No longer get Hawaiian Miles for searches after November 17th. Do still get miles for qualified purchases but need to remove old MilesFinder and install new one.

http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...tail/a_id/2635
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:29 am

For me the new toolbar is not quite ready for prime time. Uninstalled from Firefox, could not log in to Hawaiian Airlines account. Changed my password and I can log in using Chrome but not Firefox. Downloaded and installed the Chrome version of the toolbar but can't search anything other that merchants and deals. No luck with Firefox.
What kind of experiences are the rest of you having?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
For me the new toolbar is not quite ready for prime time. Uninstalled from Firefox, could not log in to Hawaiian Airlines account. Changed my password and I can log in using Chrome but not Firefox. Downloaded and installed the Chrome version of the toolbar but can't search anything other that merchants and deals. No luck with Firefox.
What kind of experiences are the rest of you having?
We're easily logging into our accounts - though we needed new passwords - but it scarcely matters - it's dead and gone. Messages are unambiguous that they have killed the miles-earning program. After that, who cares? They're another airline mall. No need for us to download the new one.

Very sleazy if they actually killed it as of 11/17, as stated, since they were allowing searches and racking up miles - which it sounds like they may or may not give - for a couple days after that.

We (Mrs FTF and I) have been working at this diligently and both have >26K miles so this is a big bummer. Don't know whether there's any point in staying around but maybe if can get 1-way reward could be worth staying, versus pulling the ripcord and taking the lousy ratio for an exchange.

Something to think about since we weren't planning on going to Hawaii for a couple years and don't want the miles to disappear through inactivity. It's not an airline I can fly except on vacation, and yes I'm sure I can make some purchases on it but I've got other fish to fry. I'll let the last miles flow into the account for a couple weeks and think about it.

Big disappointment. No warning Typical experience these days, though the possible retroactive screw-over according to their own notice kind of takes it to a new level.

FTF
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I haven't ever really looked enough at the lag time, is that more than usual? At first I was just thinking this was the usual lag time but now going up the thread further and seeing these, I'm worried that we might not get multiple weeks of miles if this is broken too. Anyone remember how much miles awarding typically lagged current date?

FTF
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:57 pm

What kinda miles were you guys pulling in from the search toolbar?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
What kinda miles were you guys pulling in from the search toolbar?
I've earned about 28,000 miles over the last five years from the search bar. I used some for inter-island flights last year and the year before. Now I have about 13,000 HA miles left.

I was planning on saving more HA miles, but now I'll probably use them on JetBlue (I'm in the Northeast). According to the HA website, 10,000 HA miles is worth $99 on Jetblue travel. Obviously, this is terrible value when compared to 20,000 HA miles for JFK-HNL (and recently it was 17,500), but the miles only have value if you use them. 10,000 points should get me to Florida on JetBlue. While not as exciting Hawaii, I'm still excited to take a free flight somewhere warm this winter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.