Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Razor blades allowed on Hawaiian airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'll be flying Hawaiiain Airlines from Oahu to Maui and back. I'm trying to avoid the luggage fees so I'm only going to bring only the necessary items for the flight. I have no problem limiting liquids to under 100mL (does liquid limitations apply for the short inter-island flights?), but I'll need at least a razor blade. Can I bring that on to the plane?

How strict is Hawaiian when it comes to carry-ons? I intend to bring a small backpack that will fit most airlines specifications, but I also intend to bring a small tripod. It'll be collapsed. No major airlines have ever given me an issue, but I'm not sure how Hawaiian will treat the tripod. Does anyone here know?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
I have no problem limiting liquids to under 100mL (does liquid limitations apply for the short inter-island flights?), but I'll need at least a razor blade. Can I bring that on to the plane?
Nope.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...ohibited-items
http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/08/safety-r...le-razors.html
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:55 am

given 9/11, the term "razor blade" means what to you?

Are you talking about safety razor cartridges for shaving like Mach 3? There's no restrictions on them.

If you are talking about box cutters, straight razors, etc, well, what do you think?

The rules are no different for inter-island flights than for any other US based flight.

BTW, we have Walmart, Walgreens, K-Marts, Longs, Safeway, Sears (can you use a chainsaw to shave that beard?) etc on the islands.

You won't have to go out and forge your own steel shaving utensils if you bring some shiny coins to trade with the locals.

-David
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
given 9/11, the term "razor blade" means what to you?

Are you talking about safety razor cartridges for shaving like Mach 3? There's no restrictions on them.

If you are talking about box cutters, straight razors, etc, well, what do you think?

The rules are no different for inter-island flights than for any other US based flight.

BTW, we have Walmart, Walgreens, K-Marts, Longs, Safeway, Sears (can you use a chainsaw to shave that beard?) etc on the islands.

You won't have to go out and forge your own steel shaving utensils if you bring some shiny coins to trade with the locals.

-David
No, I meant a Mach 3 razor. I didn't realized the term razor blade can mean something else. Will they make me dump my Mach 3 razor?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
No, I meant a Mach 3 razor. I didn't realized the term razor blade can mean something else. Will they make me dump my Mach 3 razor?
Nope. It's all explained on the TSA pages I linked for you above. Disposable razors are OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.