Search

Delays on HA 36 HNL-PHX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
so a friend @ Hawaiian Air said this flight is a "favorite" to delay because it is one of the FEW flights that remains overnight in the mainland, meaning it sits on the ground for some 7-8 hours. Almost every other flight turns immediately back to Hawai'i.
I love "friends", who have absolutely NO idea what they are talking about.

All of the afternoon mainland flights remain on the ground overnight, EXCEPT for the HNL-LAS which turns around as the "middle-of-the-night", redeye LAS-HNL flight.

The reason why PHX is delayed is that it is the LAST afternoon flight to leave HNL and the crew is scheduled for TWO nights in PHX. So, even if the flight becomes a "redeye" (delayed until 10pm or later), there are no crew issues.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
so a friend @ Hawaiian Air said this flight is a "favorite" to delay because it is one of the FEW flights that remains overnight in the mainland, meaning it sits on the ground for some 7-8 hours. Almost every other flight turns immediately back to Hawai'i.
Did you mean the opposite? Overnights in HNL? All of my SEA/PDX-OGG/HNL HA flights have flown mornings out to OGG and then immediately turn back around to the mainland in the afternoon/evenings with an overnight in SEA/PDX on the mainland.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yeah, I didn't like delayed all of the time. Last time we took on this flight from HNL-PHX. Our flight is delayed due to mechanical problem. That's why the entire aircraft doesn't work too well. We wait for replacement a new aircraft to come in at HNL. The aircraft incoming from LAX and we wait for another aircraft. I remember they offered us $200 travel voucher for the future flight and including foods & Beverage $12 voucher, too.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So formeraa how delayed was your return flight if at all?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So formeraa how delayed was your return flight if at all?
My flight departed about 40 minutes late and got into PHX about 30 minutes late. I was very nervous when the plane wasn't at the gate until 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time. I was just waiting for them to say it was delayed until 10pm.

The kicker was that they sent my luggage to SEA, even though it was tagged correctly and checked-in 3 hours in advance. I got it about 36 hours later via FedEx.

I did enjoy the new inflight service, though! And I'm flying HA again at Christmas to HNL (but US on the way back).
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

We are going through IAH, my partner has family in Houston so this is a great way to ride the 3 class 777 to NHL in Global first. Good luck with your flights.

Originally Posted by formeraa
My flight departed about 40 minutes late and got into PHX about 30 minutes late. I was very nervous when the plane wasn't at the gate until 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time. I was just waiting for them to say it was delayed until 10pm.

The kicker was that they sent my luggage to SEA, even though it was tagged correctly and checked-in 3 hours in advance. I got it about 36 hours later via FedEx.

I did enjoy the new inflight service, though! And I'm flying HA again at Christmas to HNL (but US on the way back).
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
We are going through IAH, my partner has family in Houston so this is a great way to ride the 3 class 777 to NHL in Global first. Good luck with your flights.
I've always wanted to go through IAH on an F award, but the dates and times have never worked out! I'm sure you're going to have a great flight and good times with family as well.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

I just happen to get lucky, my second attemped at the alternative dates and wham, seats... I also booked them the first day the new schedule was uploaded with the new 3 class 777.

I've always wanted to go through IAH on an F award, but the dates and times have never worked out! I'm sure you're going to have a great flight and good times with family as well.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:51 am

Although last night's (26-Oct-2012) HA36 arrived fine, this morning's (27-Oct-2012) is delayed 8 hours due to maintenance. Apparently they need to fly in a part.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This morning's PHX-HNL flight was diverted to LAX, turning around after going about an hour out into the Pacific. There must have been some sort of maintenacne problem which precluded flying any further overwater. Much better safe than sorry!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

It is nice to see that Hawaiian is expanding to other markets, however, it seems that at least some of thier 767-300 are in need of serious help. It would be nice to have a reliable service.

This morning's PHX-HNL flight was diverted to LAX, turning around after going about an hour out into the Pacific. There must have been some sort of maintenacne problem which precluded flying any further overwater. Much better safe than sorry!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:34 pm
azj

The diversion could have been for medical reasons as well. I find this incredible scrutiny on one particular flight on the forum really strange. It's also hardly a proper measure of Hawaiian and it's reliability. Delays and diversions happen at every airline!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Not just this one flight there is a pattern that the HNL-PHX flight is late roughly 70% of time (we are talking hours of delay) because it is the last flight to the mainland and if another flight has a MX they sub the PHX flight plane. The other day the HNL-PHX arrive on time, however, the outbound flight was delayed 7 hrs waiting for a part...

Originally Posted by azj
The diversion could have been for medical reasons as well. I find this incredible scrutiny on one particular flight on the forum really strange. It's also hardly a proper measure of Hawaiian and it's reliability. Delays and diversions happen at every airline!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:07 pm
azj

Your argument falls flat when you start making up statistics. Have a nice day.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:01 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azj
I think you are right about the diversion not being mechanical. The flight was in LA for a little more than 1 hour.

PHX 800A 05
HNL 27 1130A
4PHX/OUT 0758 OFF 0813 *1013*HDQHXZ
2HNL/ETA 1455 *1429*HDQHXZ
5LAX/ETD 1100 - PSVC *1206*HDQHXZ
2LAX/IN 1107 *1307*HDQHXZ
3LAX/ETD 1145 - ATBPAXCAUS *1325*HDQHXZ
4LAX/OUT 1215 OFF 1228 *1429*HDQHXZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.