New HA Hub at OGG

Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
That's not the access road. I drive that road often, since I live upcountry. They really need to repave it again.
-David
What, you don't like buying new shocks? I'm still assuming that that road will be part of the access route, but you're right, can't really figure it out from what we've seen so far. And what a shame, if perennial gadfly Isaac Hall had just butted out a few years ago, we would't be in this mess today as the runway extension would already be done
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Ah, now I see. Finally read the maui News article from Tuesday and see how the access road will go. My two cents: Put in the stop lights at Hana Hwy and get this sucka built!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:06 am

this? http://mauinews.com/page/content.det...t-traffic.html

$25 Million for an intersection with a traffic light?

Highway overpasses?

Check out the intersection options on p23:

http://oeqc.doh.hawaii.gov/Shared%20...20I.%20ADA.pdf
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: Recovering Delta SkyMiles Addict--Now Gold with AAdvantage

Highway overpasses?

Remember, this is Hawaii. Unless Maui is radically different from the Big Island, it takes three times as much money and five times as much time as elsewhere to do any road or highway improvements. By the time they finish, it will likely be obsolete.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by KeaauFlyer
Remember, this is Hawaii. Unless Maui is radically different from the Big Island, it takes three times as much money and five times as much time as elsewhere to do any road or highway improvements. By the time they finish, it will likely be obsolete.
No brah, it's the same. They've been repaving Honapi'ilani Hwy on the west side since last fall. It's done from Kapalua to Honokawai BUT the "temporary" lower speed limit signs of 35 MPH construction zone are still up. Usual shibai.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:05 pm

Highway overpasses?

That wasn't mentioned in the discussion quoted in the Maui News.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Aloha1
That wasn't mentioned in the discussion quoted in the Maui News.
But the Maui News article you mentioned gave us the link to be able to find the DOT files. ^

Reading the file, it sounds like they won't do the overpass .. which I think is a good thing for Maui. We don't have anything like that here, and nobody really wants it. The option with the loops would be good.

-David
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:28 pm

But the Maui News article you mentioned gave us the link to be able to find the DOT files. ^

Reading the file, it sounds like they won't do the overpass .. which I think is a good thing for Maui. We don't have anything like that here, and nobody really wants it. The option with the loops would be good.

-David
I agree after re looking.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
I just flew HA inter-island and really enjoyed the ability to fly HNL-OGG (stopover) then OGG-KOA (stopover) then KOA-HNL. It was good to do the OGG-KOA without having to go via HNL. I didnt notice any construction going on at OGG but I wasnt paying attention to the runway, more on the beautiful Maui scenery

Now if only they could put the ferry back in action and then we could skip the whole airport check in/TSA waste of time etc.
Old May 1, 2012, 1:43 pm

there's no runway construction yet. They have to talk about doing it for a few years, then figure out how to pay for it, then talk some more, then sleep on it, ...

-David
Old May 1, 2012, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

there's no runway construction yet. They have to talk about doing it for a few years, then figure out how to pay for it, then talk some more, then sleep on it, ...
And then have a ceremony to bless it.
Old May 1, 2012, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
And then have a ceremony to bless it.
E ko mo mai!
Old May 2, 2012, 1:58 am

Programs: HAL Pualani Platinum, Delta Gold
And then stop construction when they find something buried.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:17 pm

So, any actual word on the May 1 baggage change debacle?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: NW gold
Per HAs website, it was delayed until 6/1/12.

http://www.hawaiianair.com/help/Page...Statement.aspx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.