Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 27, 11, 11:01 pm   #1

Programs: Hyatt Diamond & SPG Plat
Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card, not all of my miles posting?

So I recently was approved for both the BoH and BoA Hawaiian Airlines credit cards, problem is when I received them they were both branded exactly the same as Bank of America Hawaiian Airlines Visa Signature cards. I wasn't woried because I had confirmed that both would earn the 35k bonus (20k first spend and 15k more after $1k). Well the first statement just closed and only one of the statement's miles posted to my HawaiianMiles account despite the last page of both each statement showing 20,000 promotional miles and then a few more miles from purchases.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I don't want to call up BoA for fear of them telling me I am not eligible for the bonus on both cards; however, not even the non-promotional miles from the second card posted, which seems really odd.
The_Wrath_of_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 11, 5:48 pm   #2

Just to report back, no idea why, but the statements closed on the same date. 3 days after the first deposit I received the miles from the second card. Everything is right in the world!
Old Oct 9, 11, 7:53 pm   #3

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, HHonors Gold, Amex Platinum
This is good to know. Just got approved for the BOA one and am trying to get a reconsideration on the other one.
AirForceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 11, 10:36 pm   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer View Post
This is good to know. Just got approved for the BOA one and am trying to get a reconsideration on the other one.
I applied for both BOH and BOA cards today. Got a pending decision with further review on both. Are you planning to call the number for the reconsideration?
NYmetsfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 11, 10:39 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmetsfan111 View Post
I applied for both BOH and BOA cards today. Got a pending decision with further review on both. Are you planning to call the number for the reconsideration?
If you applied at the same time make sure you call the reconsideration line as they will assume one app is a duplicate and deactivate it. Tell them you want to split receipts or something to get both cards.

Funny thing is that although I applied for both the BoH and BoA cards when they showed up they were both BoA, so maybe I can try for the BoH card next time.
Old Oct 13, 11, 2:14 pm   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirnna View Post
If you applied at the same time make sure you call the reconsideration line as they will assume one app is a duplicate and deactivate it. Tell them you want to split receipts or something to get both cards.

Funny thing is that although I applied for both the BoH and BoA cards when they showed up they were both BoA, so maybe I can try for the BoH card next time.
I called two different numbers. Switched from declined to approved for the BOH card. Then called the second number and the guy said I was declined for the BOA and there's nothing he can do. He said he can't reopen the case up. He said to wait for the decline letter in the mail and reply to that. Should I just call the first number and speak to a different agent or wait for the mail?
Old Oct 13, 11, 3:10 pm   #7

Quote:
I called two different numbers. Switched from declined to approved for the BOH card. Then called the second number and the guy said I was declined for the BOA and there's nothing he can do. He said he can't reopen the case up. He said to wait for the decline letter in the mail and reply to that. Should I just call the first number and speak to a different agent or wait for the mail?
That's what I would try. Both card offers are administered by the same company which is not BoA or BoH.
Old Oct 13, 11, 5:38 pm   #8

Quote:
That's what I would try. Both card offers are administered by the same company which is not BoA or BoH.
Try which one? Call again and hope for a different agent or wait?
Old Oct 13, 11, 5:41 pm   #9

Quote:
Try which one? Call again and hope for a different agent or wait?
Call again. Tell them you need to split receipts.
Old Oct 15, 11, 12:34 am   #10

Quote:
Call again. Tell them you need to split receipts.
Tried it again and same result. Said to just wait for the letter. She didn't know what I meant when I saw to split receipt.