Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transferring HA miles to Hilton HHonors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring HA miles to Hilton HHonors

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by WrightHI
It is normal for Hawaiian's call center to be terrible at any but the simplest tasks. They're a great airline once you get to the airport, but the call center is awful and IT is limited.
I wouldn't go that far, but they do get you where you're going on time.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:00 pm

Does the name on the Hawaiian Airlines account and the HHonors account have to be the same?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:42 pm

Dear lord, trying to transfer my HA miles to HH has been an exercise in incompetence, inefficiency, and frustration.

I initially called HA on Monday to initiate a transfer of a measly 5k HA miles to my HH account to top up for a redemption. I have done this before and knew about the follow-up call they need to make in order to "advise you of certain restrictions." This follow-up call is complete useless and unnecessary, and serves the sole purpose of making the transfer of miles more difficult in order to discourage people from transferring their HA miles to HH.

An important thing to note: I am a full-time student and spend nearly the entire day in class or in a library studying, and thus I am unable to take incoming phone calls 99% of the time during the week. This is relevant because I have received 6 or 7 voicemails now from HA requesting that I call them back to confirm the transfer and again "advise me of certain restrictions." And herein lies the problem, because when I am able to call them back, I end up with a clueless agent who either doesn't know what I'm talking about, OR who tells me that the ONLY way I can talk to the department I need to talk to is for THEM to call ME, and not vice versa. Since I am almost never able to take incoming calls, especially during HM's Service Center's limited business hours, I am essentially unable to transfer miles from my HA account to my HH account. This is entirely, 100% due to HA's ridiculous, unnecessary policies requiring a follow-up phone call that can ONLY occur as an incoming call to the account holder.

The icing on this insanity cake is that every voicemail I've received asks me to call them back at 800-713-1220. So I call, and I am told that I have to wait for them to call me again. Please tell me, what is the point of leaving a voicemail telling me to call them if my call results in absolutely nothing being done?

I am so unbelievably frustrated and annoyed with the way this is being handled. Thank god this will essentially drain my HA account of any useful amount of miles.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:16 pm

I understand your frustration and I know how you feel. That stuff happens in this game. The most challenging part of this frequent flyer game is jumping over the hurdles (aka idiotic customer service people who have no clue what you're trying to do, but think they are smart enough to know that you are breaking laws)!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: All of 'em
I'm in the same boat.
I want to transfer over b/f the devaluation from my wife's HA to my HH since I have AXON.
Problem is, I don't have the HA cc, so she can't transfer them into my HA account.
Do you think that begging is an options? Alternatively, I can sign up for cc's today, hope to be approved, and then transfer to my HA, and then to my HH.

What's the latest estimate of transfer time from HA to HH? Still 10-15 days?

Any advice?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
I'm in the same boat.
I want to transfer over b/f the devaluation from my wife's HA to my HH since I have AXON.
Problem is, I don't have the HA cc, so she can't transfer them into my HA account.
Do you think that begging is an options? Alternatively, I can sign up for cc's today, hope to be approved, and then transfer to my HA, and then to my HH.

What's the latest estimate of transfer time from HA to HH? Still 10-15 days?

Any advice?
Just had points transferred. Requested the transfer on 2/25 and the points showed up this morning. So the "batches usually on Monday" comment above may no longer be accurate?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Don't know about others but I've transferred miles into my HH account several times before without any issues or delays.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
HA is taking a lot longer for the transfer process and they seem to be flooded with these. Earlier I used to get a callback for confirmation same day, while it took a few days this time. So anybody considering transfer may want to do it sooner than later.
Old May 31, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Silver, BW Diamond
Any recent data points on how long it is taking for the Hawaiian miles to post to Hhonors, post-devaluation? I'm sure they were swamped with requests prior to the devaluation, but that has likely slowed down now. I requested my transfer nine days ago. They took the points out of my Hawaiian account right away but have not added them to Hhonors yet. Really hoping they post soon!
Old May 31, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Silver, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Any recent data points on how long it is taking for the Hawaiian miles to post to Hhonors, post-devaluation? I'm sure they were swamped with requests prior to the devaluation, but that has likely slowed down now. I requested my transfer nine days ago. They took the points out of my Hawaiian account right away but have not added them to Hhonors yet. Really hoping they post soon!
Well, I guess I can answer my own question now as my points posted overnight. I called last Wednesday so it took 9 days (6 business days). ^
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Is it possible to transfer HA miles to SPG? If so, what is the transfer ratio?

Data points: I live in Australia so cant have the HA CC and the call back scenario is likely not going to work for me due to international time zones!

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Is it possible to transfer HA miles to SPG? If so, what is the transfer ratio?

Data points: I live in Australia so cant have the HA CC and the call back scenario is likely not going to work for me due to international time zones!

Thanks
You can't transfer HA to SPG.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hawaiian Air Fold, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
The 2:1 deal seems best to transfer directly to HH only. However I did check availability at the HH program for hotels in and around SF for Christmas and it showed no availability at all. I don't know if I want a bunch of HH points (I have over the 150,000 miles that is the maximum that can be transferred to HH from HA) if they aren't useful.

PS: Turns out there was no availability since I currently only have a few miles in my HH acct. However I am not certain that I want to transfer 150,000 miles from HA (Good for close to 2 FC tix to from the Mainland) for 6 nights of a hotel room. (the HH operator got me availability in SF at 50,000 pts per night). I suppose that is in value balance, but not compelling unless you just decide never to vacation in Hawaii any longer.

Perry

Last edited by pkincy; Jun 12, 2013 at 12:40 pm
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:42 am

I wonder if HA changed their procedure on this. After my extremely frustrating experience early this year (see my previous post in this thread), HA gave up calling me because I was never able to take their call, and so my request to transfer simply died. My miles sat in my HA account slowly creeping towards expiration. Eventually mine and my wife's HA credit cards came up for the annual fee, so we consolidated our remaining miles into my account and closed both cards. That left me with ~9700 miles in my account, which I topped off to over 10k with a purchase through the HawaiianMiles shopping portal. Well, I just called this morning to move those miles over to my HH account, and there was no mention of a follow-up call or anything. I checked on awardwallet and the miles were immediately removed from my account, so I'm hoping this means no ridiculous phone tag with the HA miles service center like I had last time.

If they eliminated the pointless follow up call, then that is a major improvement and gets a big ^ from me. I wonder if they did this after the extreme inefficiency of this requirement was most likely made plainly obvious in the flood of transfer requests following HH's announcement of their devaluation earlier this year?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by hqly2001
Not being able to transfer miles from amex to HA to hilton rule still applies?
My wife xferred some AMEX MR pts to her HA account and then she transferred those HA miles to my HA acct. I waited a couple months and xferred ALL my HA to Hh. YMMV of course.

The CSR did not mention a followup call or an email. It's been 1 1/2 weeks & the miles are gone from my HA acct. but have not shown up in my Hh acct. yet. Should happen in next 10-15 days I'd guess.

[Edit: Hh points appeared 11/4/13]

Last edited by philemer; Nov 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.