Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transferring HA miles to Hilton HHonors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring HA miles to Hilton HHonors

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by woodburyhome
I know HA points have to transferred to the same account holder at HH, but has anyone transferred points for a kid (under 18). Both mine have 5,200 and 7800. I supposed I could get them each a HH account and then transfer their HH points to mine, but it sure would be more expeditious if I could transfer them to my HH directly.
The problem you would have is that you can not transfer HHonors points between members.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I recently put in a request to transfer HA->HH from person A to person B. A and B have different first and last names. I got an email from HA saying that HH has rejected my transfer due to name mismatch. I was under an impression that names do not matter (even though the names are supposed to match as per the policy). Is this a more recent change? FYI, I did transfer HA to HH from my own HA to HH account a few months back.

Last edited by gv111; Jun 22, 2012 at 6:00 am
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gv111
I recently put in a request to transfer HA->HH from person A to person B. A and B have different first and last names. I got an email from HA saying that HH has rejected my transfer due to name mismatch. I was under an impression that names do not matter (even though the names are supposed to match as per the policy). Is this a more recent change? FYI, I did transfer HA to HH from my own HA to HH account a few months back.
Anybody who had a recent experience, pls do share. TIA.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gv111
Anybody who had a recent experience, pls do share. TIA.
I'm interested in this as well. Alternatively, would miles obtained via transfer from another HA member be eligible for transferring out to Hilton? They would be miles earned through HA alone...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mgchan
I'm interested in this as well. Alternatively, would miles obtained via transfer from another HA member be eligible for transferring out to Hilton? They would be miles earned through HA alone...
It seems like HH enforces name match vigorously. As for HA miles transferred from another HA member, they are indeed eligible for transferring out to HH. So if A earns HA miles (some of them could even be from AMEX as it is difficult to verify for them beyond one level) and transfers to B, B can transfer some or all the HA miles to HH. Hope it helps. As always YMMV ..
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:21 pm

Update:

It seems the Hawaiian agent put my transfer through today. She said 1-2 weeks. It was only 5000 pts to my Hilton account at a 1:2 conversion.

The good news was that 1000 of those points was transferred in from AMEX and 2500 of those points was transferred in from SPG. The remainder was from their shopping portal. So it appears that I was able to convert Hawaiian pts to Hilton Honors even though they came from outside sources. Will post back to see how long it actually takes to show up in my account. One indication was 11 business days. We will see.

Edit: Received my 10000 Hilton points today. So it only took a total of 5 days for the transfer.

Last edited by DrSifu; Jul 5, 2012 at 7:29 pm
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
My recent transfer took less than a week. Called to transfer, received a re-confirmation call in the next 15 minutes - at this point miles were taken from the HA account. During both calls was told that it takes 2-4 weeks, but check HH site in a week and points were already there.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:35 am

Guys please help. I have a big problem. 2 months ago I transferred 50,000 HA miles which gave me 100,000 HH points. All that went smooth and well. Problem is, I just received another 100,000 HH points for the transfer. I know this is impossible because I didn't have anymore HA miles left in my account, so it seems that there was an error and they did the same transaction again, 2 months later!

What should I do? Should I just wait it out and see if they will remove it? Or should I call them and say something? Not quite the same as a bank error where they deposit money in your account that they shouldn't have, but it's the same concept.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pyx44
What should I do? Should I just wait it out and see if they will remove it? Or should I call them and say something? Not quite the same as a bank error where they deposit money in your account that they shouldn't have, but it's the same concept.
Yes it is the same concept, so it's up to you and your conscience. 100k HH points is the equivalent of a lot of money in free rooms.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by pyx44
Guys please help. I have a big problem. 2 months ago I transferred 50,000 HA miles which gave me 100,000 HH points. All that went smooth and well. Problem is, I just received another 100,000 HH points for the transfer. I know this is impossible because I didn't have anymore HA miles left in my account, so it seems that there was an error and they did the same transaction again, 2 months later!

Transfer 100,000 back to HA. They'll lose most of their value and you won't have to feel guilty.

Otherwise, go to the Hilton Paris Arc de Triomphe.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:19 pm

Looks like they caught on and removed the 100,00 HH Points from my account. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: OZ, AA, Hyatt, Marriott, SPG
Transferring HA Miles to Hilton

I called last week to request transfer of HA miles to Hilton. I was told that I will be contacted by email to confirm the request.

While I was out of home, HA left 2 messages on my home phone to confirm my request.

I called the number that was left on the answering machine and talked to a clueless agent who thought I wanted to transfer Hilton points to HA. After explaining, I was transferred to another line.

I have been on hold for 1 hour and 5 minutes and counting as I am writing this as I am on hold. My client just walked in for an appointment so I need to abandon this call.

Is this normal?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
It is normal for Hawaiian's call center to be terrible at any but the simplest tasks. They're a great airline once you get to the airport, but the call center is awful and IT is limited.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:04 pm

Not being able to transfer miles from amex to HA to hilton rule still applies?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:46 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Yes..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.