Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 16, 11, 4:48 am   #1

35K Hawaiian Visa Offer

Anyone see that new 35K offer for Hawaiian credit card? Is that enough miles for a mainland trip? Thinking of signing up....any catch???
PacificKruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 11, 8:12 am   #2
Moderator Travel News, Hawaii, the Hawaii-based Airlines, West & DiningBuzz

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
http://www.hawaiianair.com/hawaiianm...px#award-chart
cblaisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 11, 1:03 am   #3

Thanks for award chart. Already have a bank of america card. I wonder if I should get the bank of hawaii card too. $79 for a free trip pretty much.
PacificKruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 11, 12:20 am   #4

Programs: SPG Plt
I got the BofA Hawaiian card in Feb 06 and applied and got the BoH Hawaiian card in December 10. I did get the sign up bonus on both cards. I figured it was worth paying the annual fee for the 30k of points I got.
Toula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 11, 6:35 pm   #5
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Plat.
interisland r/t on HA for 6K VS miles

As pointed out to me by FT member saacman5033 , the Virgin America Visa card from BofA will give you 50K miles (with an extra card holder) for a $90 fee. Why is this good? Because you can book a r/t interisland award on HA for only 6K VS miles!!
https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCC...ntry?sc=UABKIX

Here's a link to the thread on OCC Programs: 35K HA miles with BofA Signature Visa
Old May 15, 11, 6:35 am   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
As pointed out to me by FT member saacman5033 , the Virgin America Visa card from BofA will give you 50K miles (with an extra card holder) for a $90 fee. Why is this good? Because you can book a r/t interisland award on HA for only 6K VS miles!!
https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCC...ntry?sc=UABKIX

Here's a link to the thread on OCC Programs: 35K HA miles with BofA Signature Visa
True, but be prepared to fly on the very early am or late pm flights and on weekdays: the award inventory that HA makes available to VS is extremely limited. I was able to use these awards twice, but had to buy HA tix other times because of the extremely limited availability.
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 11, 12:08 am   #7

Programs: Hyatt Diamond & SPG Plat
Did anyone who applied for both cards actually receive different cards? Since both cards are administered by FIA? I applied for one of each, but they both showed up with BoA branding. More info here: Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card, not all of my miles posting?
The_Wrath_of_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 11, 1:28 am   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirnna View Post
Did anyone who applied for both cards actually receive different cards? Since both cards are administered by FIA? I applied for one of each, but they both showed up with BoA branding. More info here: Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card, not all of my miles posting?
I got both cards and 2 signup bonuses in 2008/9. The B of A one was issued and serviced by B of A. The Bank of Hawaii card was the one issued and serviced by FIA card services. I no longer have the B of A one, but the Bank of Hawaii one is still managed by FIA Card Services.

-David
LIH Prem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 11, 8:53 pm   #9

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, HHonors Gold, Amex Platinum
No catch, just spend 1k within 4 months and get the 35k bonus. Good for transfer to Hilton too! 35k = 70k Hilton points!
AirForceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote