Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA Pacific upgrades: cost and ff earning

Old Dec 25, 2010, 7:45 am
DCF
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest

In a few months I have a one-way day flight HNL-PPT, and I could not justify the fare difference to buy First Class seating when it is a five hour flight which arrives at 10 pm.

Having said that, by the time I check in online at the Royal Hawaiian my head will be on vacation, and if we are offered a paid upgrade we might just take it.

Which leaves me with two questions, as follows:

1. How much does the airline offer as check-in upsells on its routes of this sort of length, and

2. Do you earn miles at the upgraded or originally purchased rate?

If the upsells are more than $490 and the miles awarded are at coach rates then I would do better to just buy the dearer ticket.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I don't know all the answers to your questions but my experience has shown the following:

1. Upgrades offered at check-in are normally cheaper than if you do them via the call centre in advance. From my experience if we call to do an upgrade from Honolulu to Sydney they will want $800. If there is availability at the airport they will sell the same upgrade for $500.

2. You will earn no additional points for the upgrade, points earned will be for economy class travel. Only benefit would be if you have a Hawaiian Airlines credit card you would earn points that way.

BTW will you be able to checkin online the day before as won't it be an international flight? Only reason I ask is I don't think I have ever been able to check in online when I go to Sydney.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:43 pm

BTW will you be able to checkin online the day before as won't it be an international flight? Only reason I ask is I don't think I have ever been able to check in online when I go to Sydney.

The flight to PPT is an international flight and you will not be able to check in online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.