Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Group and Event Travel Planning (Forum is Closed for Posting)
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience/advice on booking a charter for 150 people

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa, united, sw, Capital One Venture Card

My kids dance troupe has been selected to dance in New York City. It will be an experience of a lifetime. I've been selected to make the travel arrangements for 50 kids and about 100 parents/siblings. I'm thinking about a charter flight. Does anyone here have any experience with these? Is it better to just book a commercial flight?

Thanks
Old May 23, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
No, I have no experience, but I would not book a regular flight (chances are that would involve multiple flights since one rarely finds 150 empty seats on any flight). I would call an airline such as Frontier or Jetblue and see what they have to say.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
FT actually has a "Group and Event Planning" forum that might be the better venue for such a query. It's in the Special Interest section.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:56 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
So we do.

OK, this thread can join the other charter request there.

And being a UA/CO flyer I know for a fact that they charter, so you can always check with them. They also have a Group travel
Originally Posted by tcook052
FT actually has a "Group and Event Planning" forum
section on their web site.

EmailKid
Budget Travel moderator
Old May 24, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
With that many people there's bound for something to go wrong and if you're the point guy it all falls on you. Best for your sanity to work with a travel agent.

In the event of delays or flight cancellations, a travel agent can get everyone rebooked faster than you can.

While we love the internet, go with a local travel agent who has large group experience.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:14 pm

You could also try charterhub.com if you are still looking. You can enter your info and request a quote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.