DC Pride 2009 Plans?

Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:59 am
Original Poster

DC Pride 2009 Plans?

Hey Guys,

DC Pride is this weekend (Parade Saturday, fair Sunday), anybody have suggestions/want to meet up for drinks etc?

I've been to DC pride once before (last year) but it was just for a couple of hours and i didn't really do anything but the Parade.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I am game for a drink. I will stay at the Doubletree (official host hotel). I am planning to attend the Aqua Pride Event on Saturday night after the parade which starts at 6:30 pm. http://www.aquadc.org/
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:16 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I will be in DC this weekend for a board meeting... staying at the Fairfax at Embassy Row.

I could possibly find time for a drink.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 9:13 pm

I am a grad student in DC (Logan Circle) and will be going to the parade for sure and then out at night, but not sure where yet...

I would be up for a drink.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
I am a relatively new transplant to DC from the west coast. I will be in DC for Pride and will be interested in a drink. One suggestion that comes to mind for a meeting place is Halo on P St. and 14th St. Of course, any other suggestions for a meeting place, please post or PM me. Sat. night will be good for a drink. Cheers, Tonywestsider
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:24 am

After an evening of watching the parade on Saturday, I'll be up for a drink, too!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I second tonywestsider's suggest to have it at Halo on P Street. We can just make our way there after the parade. I don't know what I will be wearing yet, but you can spot me easily by my Asian complexion.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:28 pm

Good, perhaps we'll all meet around 9ish pm at Halo. I'm not sure what I will be wearing yet either. I will post later to confirm.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by flyinglan
I am game for a drink. I will stay at the Doubletree (official host hotel). I am planning to attend the Aqua Pride Event on Saturday night after the parade which starts at 6:30 pm. http://www.aquadc.org/
Wow, I can't believe there is some thing that organized for gay asian in dc, there is something like that in chicago too, but not very organized. And the one in chicago is also like only for old daddies looking for young asian son, very stereo type here.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 2:38 pm

If the OP and other FTer's are still interested in meeting for a drink after the parade, please meet at Halo, which is a bar/lounge across Whole Foods market on P Street west of 14th St. in the Dupont/Logan Circle neighborhoods. Meet around 9ish tonight. Later, some will go to Aqua, which is an event at Cobalt. There is also a dance party until 2:30 am at Mixtape, at a club in Downtown. Meet at Halo first and then go from there. I will be the guy with dark hair, wearing a dark colored shirt with stripes at Halo. See you then...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.