Wiki Posts
Search

London Calling!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Hilton Honours, Starwood, VIA Preference
London Calling!

I have searched through the GLBT posts and links but can not come up with anything recent. I will be in Paris for one week and London, England for one week in September 2009.
I know Paris..no problem there, but I have not been to London for ages....and I have a couple of questions. From what I understand the main "gay" area for pubs/clubs etc. is still Soho with a smattering of late-night establishments in the Vauxhall area. I also understand that there are restaurants/bars with an gayish clientele in all areas of greater London.
If anyone has information on up-scale (posh) bars/restaurants/lounges in the west - Knightsbridge/Kensington/South Kensington/Chelsea, I would appreciate a heads-up. I am so NOT a raver, not into late scenes. It would be great to find a "happening" spot to go for a bite/drink etc. after a full day of sightseeing, museum hopping or shopping.
Any suggestions, including up-to-date websites that might be helpful, are appreciated.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:54 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
I know it's tedious, but rather than starting at Square One, it's very helpful to do an advanced search in the GLBT forum for posts with the word "London" in the title. I've brought one to the top for you. It's less than a year old, and I'm sure there are people who would be more than happy to update it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.