Wiki Posts
Search

Phuket hotel next week?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
Phuket hotel next week?

Going to Thailand next week -- Bangkok and Phuket. I'm looking for a hotel recommendation for Phuket. I went once before with my Partner and we stayed at the Banyan Tree (mediocre). This time, I'm going with a friend so we're looking for fun and luxury.

Any recommendations on gay-friendly (well, they're pretty much all gay friendly so I guess I really mean that there will likely be other gays there) luxury beach resorts near to Patong?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: NZ
Hello There

Recently stayed at the Indigo Pearl Hotel. Top notch place with excellent accommadation & service. Food of a high quality with lots of variety. If money is no object, you will be fine. Otherwise, it's pricey!!

There are other bars & restaurants at the back of the complex at more reasonable prices. Make sure to look the hotel up on Trip advisor. From what I've read, the reports are accurate.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
how long does it take to get from the Indigo Pearl to Patong? It seems very far away.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
I recommend you forget about luxury and give Cluboneseven a try, at least for a few days. If you like it you could stay on and if not you could move on to one of the big resorts. Cluboneseven is mainly gay men and some lesbian couples too. Rooms are nicely appointed and are clean to the point that would put most of the high-end brands to shame. The staff are friendly and professional, they are there when you need them but are not intrusive. They can arrange just about anything for you from car hire to massage to sightseeing tours. Like most places in Patong, overnight guests are welcome but this is not a dive, you will not find moneyboys hanging around the guesthouse. In my experience it is mostly gay couples who stay there and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. they have a small gym and a nice little pool to cool off in. they are about 10 minutes walk from the gay section of the beach and about 10 minutes walk from the gay might scene at Paradise. Cluboneseven is a place where gay people can relax and be themselves with other like-minded people in a guesthouse that reaches a high standard.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: lh sen
Sorry, was plenty of times in Patong but never heared about something like Club Oneseven ...

Go to the Holiday Inn in Patong an try to get a room in the Busakorn wing.

For dinner give Kenya`s Seahag a try.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...t-visit-2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.