Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Bangkok (Silom Road)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Bangkok (Silom Road)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: QF Gold TG Gold BA Silver SPG Plat IC Amb
Originally Posted by olm022
Could not resist buying a very cheap fare from KIX to FRA via BKK with a possibility to stay in BKK for a few days. Could someone please recommend any decently priced hotel located in Silom Road? I used to stay in Ramada D'MA when I was able to find the price of 25 euro/night, but it appears that for August (5-7th) the prices are well beyond my (financially recessed) student budget.

Thank you very much!
Best Current Value Hotel deal for Bangkok/Silom Area at the moment is

http://hotelclub.com/DirectHotel.asp...&ncl=&id=90297

21 Euro a night inc Breakfast^
Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:00 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
Originally Posted by jmolony
Excellent deals available for the Conrad in BKK.
Reviews on Trip Advisor are reaaly good.
Has anyone on this board stayed there and how close is it to the "Gay" scene (ie. Telephone/Balcony etc.)?
Thanks in advance!

I am staying there this Thursday night (18th) if anyone is about!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by DTKWIA
Best Current Value Hotel deal for Bangkok/Silom Area at the moment is

http://hotelclub.com/DirectHotel.asp...&ncl=&id=90297

21 Euro a night inc Breakfast^
IMHO you get what you pay for.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 4:30 am

Programs: QF Gold TG Gold BA Silver SPG Plat IC Amb
Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO you get what you pay for.
So I guess you believe, a nobody who pays Full Rack Rate for a Standard Room at a Chain Property, gets Better accommodation and treatment than a Frequent Corporate Guest who pays less and then enjoys a FREE upgrade to a suite.

The OP was looking for something under $30 a Night not a 5 Star Conrad.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Thank you for your imput, guys. I have decided to stay at Ramda D'MA (stayed there last time and enjoyed being there). For the price of 15 euro/night, this hotel will cater for needs by all means!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Hi all

Following talk on this thread I stayed at the Om Yim Lodge in bangkok a week or so ago.

The owner was away and had left three fat white men (40s 50s and 60s, two Australian, one Dutch) in charge of the place - the two older ones with their young thai boyfriends. It was pretty revolting, one of the Australian begging their thai boyfriend to stay the night and he wouldn't.

Two of the men were talking on morning after i arrived and using the words sh@t and f@@K when talking about thai guys that had ripped them off, or weren't being friendly enough. The whole thing was wrong and crude... some poor guy asked at reception for an adaptor for the power and the australian guy asked him 'is that a thai-boy-australian-boy adaptor you're after?'

The food at the restaurant was really not that great (oily and bland) and the rooms were very basic. Cannot undertand how this place got such good reviews on trip advisor.

Now to be fair the owner of the place was not there... but gotta question his choice of these people to look after it for him.

regards

lme ff
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Hi all

Following talk on this thread I stayed at the Om Yim Lodge in bangkok a week or so ago.

The owner was away and had left three fat white men (40s 50s and 60s, two Australian, one Dutch) in charge of the place - the two older ones with their young thai boyfriends. It was pretty revolting, one of the Australian begging their thai boyfriend to stay the night and he wouldn't.

Two of the men were talking on morning after i arrived and using the words sh@t and f@@K when talking about thai guys that had ripped them off, or weren't being friendly enough. The whole thing was wrong and crude... some poor guy asked at reception for an adaptor for the power and the australian guy asked him 'is that a thai-boy-australian-boy adaptor you're after?'

The food at the restaurant was really not that great (oily and bland) and the rooms were very basic. Cannot undertand how this place got such good reviews on trip advisor.

Now to be fair the owner of the place was not there... but gotta question his choice of these people to look after it for him.

regards

lme ff
LOL you get what you pay for!

BKK is cheap for nice hotels ^
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:30 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Citadines has fairly cheap offers at the moment. While not close to silom they are close to the sky train so worth a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.