Search

Weekend trip to Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 6:05 am
eap
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Smile Weekend trip to Hong Kong

I will be visiting Hong Kong next weekend (4/16-4/21) with another FTer.

This is a last minute trip, entirely for pleasure, booked using FlyerTalk instincts. We found cheap W-fares with NC availability and are looking forward to taking advantage of United's DEQM offer in style. ;-)

All of the threads I found relating to gay nightlife in this forum are from 2006 or earlier. Are the suggestions still valid? Any recent experiences? Are there any areas of the city where we should try or avoid staying in?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
You'll find most of the gay bars on Hong Kong Island around Lan Kwai Wong. Personally I did not find the few gay bars I visited that appealing. They had this backyard, out of the sight feeling, whereas I prefer more european/american style open lounge bars.
Lan Kwai Wong surroundins are filled with stylish non gay bars which has a large gay clientele as well.
Hong Kong is one of the most enjoyable cities I have ever visited. I am sure you will have a great time!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
You should try Volume out. It's one of the better gay bars in Hong Kong (esp on a Sat night). If you want after hours places, you might want to try Drop. Both bars are within the Lan Kwai Fong area.

You might want to try www.fridae.com to get more information on the city. They have a pretty good travel guide.

You can always PM for more info.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA PremExec
Try Club 97 in Lan Kwai Fong for Friday Happy Hour (6-10)....this is the only time the bar is gay. They out a gay flag so everyone knows....but a few unsuspecting straights still wander in.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:59 am
eap
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Thanks for the suggestions and links!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.