Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

St. Paddy's Day Celebrations DUBLIN IR.

Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO silver

Flight 83 (AF) SFO-DUB via CDG 03/05/009 3:30 PM
Flight 5006(AF/CITYJET) CDG-DUB 03/06/09 12:35 PM

Looking forward to all the festivities and if there is a "do" planned please let me know. Leaving Dub on the 18th via US AIR via Phil.^
Old Mar 4, 2009, 4:58 pm

Programs: SK, BA
Hi

I take it you'll be in DUB for the night of Sunday 15th? If so I highly recommend you go to the Alternative Miss Ireland. It's been running for years with all the elements of the old Miss World pageants (swimwear, evening wear, etc.) but far more colour and music, not to mention strapped up testi*les. Best of all it is compered by Panti, one of the most elegant and smartest drag artistes anywhere. It's a highlight of the gay calendar in Dublin. The show's website is www.alternativemissireland.com and tickets are at http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Alternati.../artist/961520 Book a circle ticket for a seat with a view: the ground floor is close to the action but standing; from the upper circle you will only see specks on the horizon. After the show the crowd fills up the bars and keeps going for hours - it's a really fun night.

Apart from that check out the official Festival programme at www.stpatricksfestival.ie. A word of warning - the day itself is celebrated by many by drinking too much and the night of the 17th can be unpleasant or even dangerous.

PM me if you need more details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.