Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Sugestions in LA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:16 am
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
Originally Posted by getsaround
I made the mistake of staying there last week ( just for 1 night thankfully) and what was once a chic little gay guesthouse is now a decaying dump.
Wow, I never thought the San Vincente Inn and my favorite word "chic" would ever be use in the same sentence. I have never been but I have always been very curious about places like that. Is it a hotel ? or is it a bathhouse?

When it comes to hotel, LA has so much to offer. With so many hotels, the price tend to be much cheaper than other cities. If I am not staying at the W (for work), or at my mom's house, I love the Chamberlain in WeHo. It's private, and it's CHIC.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Priceline it.

I'm currently staying in the downtown Marriott for $65.

I have another crazy idea. I bought a weekly Metropass and have been using the mass transit. It's a really interesting way to see the city. They have a lot of express buses now, so it really doesn't take that much longer than going by car, and you don't have to worry about parking. I also find that riding the bus allows me to soak in the city much more than if I'm driving.

It would be a challenge to get all the way to the Huntington, but I bet it's possible. You could take the Gold Line train all the way to Pasadena, and probably get a bus from there.
I often stay downtown and go out to WeHo-I do not reccomend this at all as it means getting stuck on the 101 one or both ways if driving and it is a bit of a hike..
Cab ride will be $20+ each way.And transit is really not an option if you are interested in going out drinking in WeHo.
Better to stay in one of the above mentioned properties.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
Wow, I never thought the San Vincente Inn and my favorite word "chic" would ever be use in the same sentence. I have never been but I have always been very curious about places like that. Is it a hotel ? or is it a bathhouse?

When it comes to hotel, LA has so much to offer. With so many hotels, the price tend to be much cheaper than other cities. If I am not staying at the W (for work), or at my mom's house, I love the Chamberlain in WeHo. It's private, and it's CHIC.
Add me to the list of folks who would never(past or present)use the word chic to describe the San Vicente Inn,
It is what it is-and that is a place to play not to sleep.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Don't forget Le Montrose, nestled in the West Hollywood hills between Sunset & Santa Monica. Great location, quiet, gay friendly, superb service... their motto used to be "Perhaps you've heard of us." Love it! http://www.lemontrose.com

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.