Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlantis Cruises?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Atlantis Grand Baltic - July 2009 - Copenhagen

I just booked my very first Atlantis cruise. It is the Grand Baltic July 22-August 1 starting and ending in Copenhagen. I am very excited!! Is anyone else going? Advice??

Derick in San Francisco
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:16 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Derick
I just booked my very first Atlantis cruise. It is the Grand Baltic July 22-August 1 starting and ending in Copenhagen. I am very excited!! Is anyone else going? Advice??

Derick in San Francisco
See ebayj's post up above - he was on the Baltic cruise also.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:09 pm

Solstice Cruise March 8

I'm on this cruise to the South Carribbean. I'm a "cruise virgin" and have no idea what to really expect. If you have any tips on what to bring/not bring, etc.., please let me know.

I heard that the cruise line will send out info on the events 7-10 days prior to departure so that you'll have an idea of what you need. However, I'll be at Winter Party in Miami and not able to spend a lot of time shopping/planning dring that time.

Tips anyone?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:23 pm

i'm on my first atlantis cruise, the Solstice, ex-FLL. Looking forward and will let y'all know how much fun it is!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by nologic98
i'm on my first atlantis cruise, the Solstice, ex-FLL. Looking forward and will let y'all know how much fun it is!
You will have a great time!

I have been on 2 Atlantis cruises. The first time I was worried about doing a cruise, but the Atlantis Team does a great job to make sure everyone has a good experience. The second cruise with Atlantis was even better.

The BF and I have reserved a cabin for the Atlantis cruise to the Med in August and I can't wait for it.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Derick
I just booked my very first Atlantis cruise. It is the Grand Baltic July 22-August 1 starting and ending in Copenhagen. I am very excited!! Is anyone else going? Advice?
We were on the Atlantis Baltic cruise this past July. Advice? Copenhagen is an amazing city, be sure to spend extra time there. Our cruise started in Copenhagen, and ended in Stockholm. We spent 5 days in Stockholm after the cruise - another fabulous city. So glad we added the extra days pre- and post-cruise - I'm sure you would be too.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:12 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Are Atlantis and RSVP comparable? Who is known as the best? How about R Family? I have heard that those without children also enjoy their cruises.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Are Atlantis and RSVP comparable? Who is known as the best? How about R Family? I have heard that those without children also enjoy their cruises.
Atlantis now owns RSVP. I would think that the "large" cruises are pretty much the same. But I think Atlantis has the reputation of being more "party" oriented. We've been on one RSVP "small" (180ish people) riverboat cruise from Prague to Budapest in 2005 and have another one booked this year for Paris to Nuremberg. No personal experience with Atlantis. Also was on a Travelpride one from Marseille to Paris last year.

I think a lot of the pros and cons depend on the ship / boat (line) they charter since they don't directly operate the cruises. However, from our experience the "old" RSVP one that we were on (prior to being bought out by Atlantis) was very lacking in any "extras" that they provided but the Travelpride one had a lot of "extras". By "extras" I mean entertainment, information on the stops etc above and beyond what is provided by the "boat" itself. These charters do carry a premium above what is charged by the line itself. For the river cruises, we are more than happy to pay the surcharge since the usual demographic for these cruises are quite old.

Otherwise, we usually just do Regent.

No idea about R Family.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:57 pm

Atlantis is great...Just came back from it's Freedom of The Sea this past weekend. The theme parties are the best.. Other entertainments are great, too.....

You'll love it.. PM me if you need info about what to expect.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 7:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
It's worth the price over the cost of a "conventional" cruise. Go for it! :-)
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by PDXGUY1
It's worth the price over the cost of a "conventional" cruise. Go for it! :-)
it's not that bad at all if you considered you get all meals included 24 hours a day for 7 days and all entertainments... transportation from one city/country to another.. You would simply spend over 50 bucks just for meals if you travel on your own. Plus accommodation and transportation and entertainments..

Go for it, it's fun!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA -1MM, SPG - Lifetime Gold
Here's a link to a "cruise guide" that a fellow DCer put together last year. I'll be on Solstice as well this year - feel free to PM me with any questions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhnzYoIJZ8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zX0...eature=related

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.